Forums

Help › Forums

Cut and Paste option 'Chat'

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 16 2024 6:59 PM (5 replies)
  • Lincswhite
    393 Posts
    Tue, Apr 16 2024 4:37 AM

In the old WGT format, you could cut and paste in the chat, will that feature ever be brought back? It was very helpful when chatting to non-English speaking players.

• ScottHope
    10,096 Posts
    Tue, Apr 16 2024 11:08 AM

The only thing I can suggest to translate foreign chat quickly is to use your mobile device. Fire up the Google Translate app, choose auto detect for the from language and your native tongue for the to language.

Poke the camera icon on the translate screen and point your device at the text to be translated, which should then appear on your screen in your chosen translated language.

• Lincswhite
    393 Posts
    Tue, Apr 16 2024 11:22 AM

Thank you Scott for the reply, however I rarely if ever use my mobile for WGT, only by desktop.

• tramilleo
    1,869 Posts
    Tue, Apr 16 2024 6:59 PM

He means use your mobile phone to translate the chat not play

• ScottHope
    10,096 Posts
    Wed, Apr 17 2024 12:16 AM

Sorry Lincswhite, I wasn't suggesting playing the game on your phone.

You can use the Google translate app on your phone to translate text in a foreign language through your phone's camera.

Play the game on your desktop, use your phone to translate the foreign text on your desktop screen.

• SamSpayed
    4,905 Posts
    Wed, Apr 17 2024 12:40 PM

Lincswhite:

In the old WGT format, you could cut and paste in the chat, will that feature ever be brought back? It was very helpful when chatting to non-English speaking players.

Linc, have you tried the keyboard shortcuts CTRL+X (cut), CTRL+C (copy), and CTRL+V (paste) with the in-game chat?

RSS