Help › Forums

Re: Can't Log Out - Stuck At Level Up Screen

rated by 0 users
Wed, Apr 24 2024 10:47 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Mindset21
    1 Posts
    Tue, Feb 20 2024 2:39 PM

I've tried through Steam and the launcher. I've leveled up and it forces me to select a club that I can rent for 2 hrs. Only problem is it's not a club, it's a callaway ball. It say's "Buy and Equip" with a glove pointing to that button. This button is the only button I can click. If I do, it say's "we're redirecting you to wgt.com to complete your purchase" and there's a little bubble that says "please wait" over top of the redirecting window. Nothing happens, and it doesn't open up my browser. I can't click on anything else. I've tried deleting the golf.exe files and uninstalling/reinstalling but nothing works. 

• ScottHope
    10,095 Posts
    Tue, Feb 20 2024 3:17 PM

Is your browser set to allow redirects? 

• oohaahh
    375 Posts
    Wed, Feb 21 2024 7:12 AM

ScottHope:

Is your browser set to allow redirects? 

As this is a Level 1 hack who joined in 2010 it screams bot......

• ScottHope
    10,095 Posts
    Wed, Feb 21 2024 7:22 AM

That was my initial reaction too, but his account shows a skill challenge score and some awards, so I'm not 100% convinced it is.

The speed at which AI is advancing makes me worry about our ability to tell what is real and what is not in the near future.

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Thu, Feb 22 2024 1:17 AM

It also screams multi account,  You don't level up to level 1,

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Thu, Feb 22 2024 8:58 AM

ScottHope:

That was my initial reaction too, but his account shows a skill challenge score and some awards, so I'm not 100% convinced it is.

The speed at which AI is advancing makes me worry about our ability to tell what is real and what is not in the near future.

To tell you the truth Scott, it's been sometime now that i have reversed the known oracular ''benefit of the doubt'' (he/she is innocent till proved guilty), into ''everyone lies till proved he/she is telling the truth''.

And to be honest with you, internet is full of bs which makes AI just the ice on the cake.

• StevePitts
    6 Posts
    Mon, Apr 22 2024 12:23 PM

Did you ever find a solution to this because I came across WGT whilst researching golf apps and have exactly the same situation after completing the tutorial and, yes, levelling up to level 1?

FWIW I suspect that I too am going to show as a level 1 hack who joined years ago because when I tried to sign up it told me my email was already in use but I have nothing in my password manager for WGT or Topgolf or anything similar. Did this site used to be something else, perhaps related to Links or some other late 90s or early 2000s PC game?

• ScottHope
    10,095 Posts
    Mon, Apr 22 2024 12:47 PM

Use the same password to log in to the game as you did to log in here, and don't sign up as a new player, sign IN.

• StevePitts
    6 Posts
    Mon, Apr 22 2024 11:07 PM

Thanks Scott, but that is what I am doing - when I tried to create a new player I was informed that my email address was already in use, so I used the 'forgot my password' link to reset it and my account here shows that I joined in March 2010, which I certainly don't remember.

The text on screen suggests that the game is trying to connect to a web page but I don't see any new tab created in a browser. From what I've seen in the tutorial I'm not sure that it is worth my while wasting too much time on getting this fixed, I've always preferred 'mouse swing' to clicking going all the way back to Links' Powerstroke, but thank you for the suggestion.

• ScottHope
    10,095 Posts
    Tue, Apr 23 2024 12:13 AM

StevePitts:
    The text on screen suggests that the game is trying to connect to a web page but I don't see any new tab created in a browser.

Okay Steve, can you post a screenshot of this?

EDIT : As a raw recruit I believe you will be obliged to play three head to head games before you are let loose to play how you want, so you might feel as though you are being forced to do things against your will at the start.

• PAGES
RSS