Re: Showdown Rush - WGT WTF - Ended in 6 hours

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jan 26 2024 3:24 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • tramilleo
    1,869 Posts
    Wed, Jan 17 2024 4:48 AM

jacktrade51:

And they are still taking entries into tournament.

So I filed official complaints  

At a bare minimum, WGT owes me 100 credit entry fee, 2 level 81 TaylorMade balls, and a public apology.
    I have no doubt others with screwed, so they are all owed it too.
    Tom.

Goodluck with that lol you will get maybe your creds back but the other things lol pipe dreams my man

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Wed, Jan 17 2024 6:34 AM

AlaskanDame:
    Have to agree heartily that there should be coin rooms for Showdowns that only contain Showdown entrants.

It's been explained plenty of times why that'd be imposible. The only way to eliminate these issues is to change the format to single play tourney style event. It'd also eliminate the lottery with wind strength, green speed and pin locations... 

• BlackBogey
    284 Posts
    Wed, Jan 17 2024 12:56 PM

AnaNikolaj:

AlaskanDame:
    Have to agree heartily that there should be coin rooms for Showdowns that only contain Showdown entrants.

It's been explained plenty of times why that'd be imposible. The only way to eliminate these issues is to change the format to single play tourney style event. It'd also eliminate the lottery with wind strength, green speed and pin locations... 

Excuse my lack of knowledge on the subject, and reluctance to use the rather lack-luster search function of these forums, but why would it be impossible AD?

So there's a legit reason they can't set up 2 or 3 rooms that are only active during Showdown, and only eligible to someone who actually entered the Showdown? Or is it that it would just require too much effort on their part?  To be honest I kind of like the varying wind/green speeds and pin locations from each 3-holes to the next (keeps you on your toes). 

I still think they have no idea what causes the "glitch" and are no closer to figuring it out.  It only seems to happen when someone quits or disconnects, so best bet is to cut down the possibility of someone quitting since they are also playing the Showdown and would get the bogeys instead of just losing a 3-hole coin match by a stroke or 2?

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Wed, Jan 17 2024 1:44 PM

BlackBogey:

AnaNikolaj:

AlaskanDame:

Excuse my lack of knowledge on the subject, and reluctance to use the rather lack-luster search function of these forums, but why would it be impossible AD?

So there's a legit reason they can't set up 2 or 3 rooms that are only active during Showdown, and only eligible to someone who actually entered the Showdown? Or is it that it would just require too much effort on their part?  To be honest I kind of like the varying wind/green speeds and pin locations from each 3-holes to the next (keeps you on your toes). 

I still think they have no idea what causes the "glitch" and are no closer to figuring it out.  It only seems to happen when someone quits or disconnects, so best bet is to cut down the possibility of someone quitting since they are also playing the Showdown and would get the bogeys instead of just losing a 3-hole coin match by a stroke or 2?

As for the variety of the conditions, I'm all for it. But the fact my competitors can get the easy pins in low winds on the same 3 holes I have to play with hard pins and high wind is not the fairest of setups 😉

As for the why playing the Showdown with SD players only is imposible is a no-brainer. You'd never be able to match people without randoms throughout the 24/48 hour window. Imagine trying to get matched for the last set of holes 20 minutes before the end and finding a SD player with the exact same set missing from his card around. 🤣🤣🤣🤣 

I'm actually astonished that the non-viability of this needs to be explained to anyone...

P. S. : As for quitters, I prefer it when they do it. When they do it the "wrong" way, I don't mind waiting for 45 secs and losing a timeout, which I'd never burn otherwise. There are fail-safe ways to prevent the bogey glitch and I never got bogeys, worst case scenario was needing to replay the set (happened twice). Plus, when they quit, you get through the damned this quicker, instead of waiting for someone to finish with a +7, which happened to me in the 2nd round 🤦

• Squatch031
    174 Posts
    Wed, Jan 17 2024 1:58 PM

I think what you are seeing here is simple frustration, and I do not blame him.  Yes, his request for compensation is a little extreme but I applaud him for standing up to incompetence.  Way too many people accept incompetence these days. If more people stood up instead of laying down for the larger issues, our country could be rescued from the sewer it has currently become.

• BlackBogey
    284 Posts
    Thu, Jan 18 2024 11:50 AM

Yes, I feel like a doofus now - never thought about the matching up of people when you get down near the end and many others have already finished early.  My bad on that, and thanks for pointing it out AnaNikolaj.

I have noticed in the last few Showdowns I have been getting matched up with folks within a Tier or 2 of me, so hopefully they've tweaked their matching algorithms, or its just been luck of the draw, or most likely because I started playing Veteran instead of Rookie. 

• jacktrade51
    10,913 Posts
    Thu, Jan 18 2024 8:21 PM

To reply to BlackBogey ...

Thank you for accepting my apology.

And the 100 cr entry fee was refunded, but nothing else I asked for, just as predicted.

Of greater concern, no acknowledgement of the of the problem or even whether they are looking into it.

Tom.

• BlackBogey
    284 Posts
    Fri, Jan 19 2024 12:49 PM

jacktrade51:

To reply to BlackBogey ...

Thank you for accepting my apology. - No worries Tom, who hasn't hit "Post" in the heat of the moment when we've had a "WGT WTF" and thought better of it later.

And the 100 cr entry fee was refunded, but nothing else I asked for, just as predicted. - No big surprise, standard operating procedure for this.  I do disagree about the 2 free balls, but can see an argument for 1 (since they aren't going to put 13 hits on a single ball).

Of greater concern, no acknowledgement of the of the problem or even whether they are looking into it.

Since the problem has been going on since before I came back to the game a year ago, I'm guessing they are tired of or embarrassed to keep acknowledging they have a problem and have no idea how to fix it?

Tom.

• jacktrade51
    10,913 Posts
    Tue, Jan 23 2024 5:34 PM

So I entered the new Showdown (wouldn't have but for various "Goals"), and in my first game the opponent ff's on 1st hole.

He is not an issue.

I play the 3 holes and WGT ends the game right before my last putt.  I wasn't dq'd ... when I got back it said 0 holes played.  5 or 6 shots wasted and 12-14 minutes of my time.  Otherwise, no damage.

They have a programming problem.  This is my last Showdown until they do.

Tom.

• Imahacker58
    366 Posts
    Fri, Jan 26 2024 3:24 AM

jacktrade51:

So I entered the new Showdown (wouldn't have but for various "Goals"), and in my first game the opponent ff's on 1st hole.

He is not an issue.

I play the 3 holes and WGT ends the game right before my last putt.  I wasn't dq'd ... when I got back it said 0 holes played.  5 or 6 shots wasted and 12-14 minutes of my time.  Otherwise, no damage.

They have a programming problem.  This is my last Showdown until they do.

Tom.

• PAGES
RSS