Help › Forums

Re: Mobile Clubs

rated by 0 users
Tue, Nov 14 2023 4:17 AM (5 replies)
  • Lacoolj1
    46 Posts
    Sat, Nov 11 2023 5:48 AM

Good Driver, Two 3 Woods to carry?

What are three good SW to carry, if you do not have the money to spend?

I am a Tour Pro so what Tier is next and it seems like it's taking forever to get to next Tier. I think my avg is 74.08. I suck at putting. If I could putt and not leave birdies and pars out there, and the the birdie and potential par turns into bogies, doubles, and triples.

My edges are for mobile: Taylor made milled L39 +, Titleist Vokey SM56 Wedge L76+ and a hybird. 

My putter is Taylor Made Spider GTX Spider GTX Putter L35+

Any suggestions?

LACOOLJ

• Sharkbae7
    2 Posts
    Mon, Nov 13 2023 6:30 AM

Hello LaCoolJ1, do you have any taylormade irons that you can donate to me. Much appreciated. Thanks

• GreenLaser
    178 Posts
    Mon, Nov 13 2023 10:02 PM

Your driver is fine. Master is the next tier. You'll be moved to longer tees, but your driver will still be good at that tier.

Your irons set is long enough that you can drop the hybrid and use three wedges.

You already have the Vokey L76 56° wedge, so ideally getting the matching L80 64° wedge and the L78 60° wedge would be what you should do.  I see your irons set has a 3.0 meter, so if you're comfortable with a meter that quick, you could save some credits by getting the MAX Spin L52 64° wedge and the MAX Spin L51 60° wedge. Whichever route you decide to go, I'd suggest getting the 64° wedge first. Getting good with a 64° wedge is one of the best ways to lower scores, IMO.

You may want to upgrade your 3-wood when you reach Master. Depending on how many credits you can spend, I'd say get at least a 235 yard club, 240 yards or more would be even better. But that can wait.

I think your putter is okay. If you're having trouble putting, you might want to try experimenting with the two main putting methods. One method (on ding) is where you move the aim marker to account for break and try to hit the ding.  The other method (off ding) is where you vary how much you miss on either side of the ding line to account for break. Objectively, the first method is probably better especially at the highest levels of the game, but I do better with the second method.

• GreenLaser
    178 Posts
    Mon, Nov 13 2023 11:26 PM

I've looked through your Activity history, and I have to say you've made some unusual purchasing decisions.  Do you still have those clubs?  If you do, you could carry that L68 Callaway 60° wedge and you'd only need to add a 64° wedge.  And if you still have that L86 Callaway 3-wood, you're in very good shape there, too. Full and punch shots with a 3-wood that good gives you a lot of versatility.  If you have better clubs than what you have equipped, I don't understand why you're not using them.

• Lacoolj1
    46 Posts
    Tue, Nov 14 2023 4:15 AM

Thank you!

• Lacoolj1
    46 Posts
    Tue, Nov 14 2023 4:17 AM

Same clubs. I have not tried the punch shot too much.

RSS