Forums

Help › Forums

Re: MacOS Sonoma - No Support in Mac App Store.

rated by 0 users
Sun, Oct 1 2023 10:55 AM (7 replies)
  • BazookahJoe
    19 Posts
    Thu, Sep 28 2023 5:40 PM

Hoping for an additional update. Installer hung. Uninstalled completely. App Store says program not compatible with device (2020 MacBook Pro)

• Robert1893
    7,673 Posts
    Thu, Sep 28 2023 7:43 PM

BazookahJoe:

Hoping for an additional update. Installer hung. Uninstalled completely. App Store says program not compatible with device (2020 MacBook Pro)

To install the WGT app from the Apple store, I believe you need a Mac with an M1 Pro chip. For other Macs, use the Mac OS download at:

https://m.wgt.com/?utm_source=wgt&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=footer 

A Macbook M1 Pro with Sonoma should have no problem running the app from the Apple store. That's may setup, and I just updated the app to version 1.93.1. It's playing fine.

I hope that helps. 

• UVBLUE47
    1,049 Posts
    Thu, Sep 28 2023 10:24 PM

I had same problem with wgt app. I downloaded STEAM; I now can play ....

• BazookahJoe
    19 Posts
    Fri, Sep 29 2023 7:41 AM

I don't have an M1 - I was wrong, it's a 2019 with Intel. That link didn't work due to popup blocker, but opening the link in a new window and allowing the download did work. Installer ran, and updater worked fine. TY

• Robert1893
    7,673 Posts
    Fri, Sep 29 2023 11:43 AM

BazookahJoe:

I don't have an M1 - I was wrong, it's a 2019 with Intel. That link didn't work due to popup blocker, but opening the link in a new window and allowing the download did work. Installer ran, and updater worked fine. TY

My pleasure! 

• HPSergeant
    6 Posts
    Fri, Sep 29 2023 3:15 PM

The apple store app won't download either. It says my macOS Sonoma 14 is incompatible.

• Robert1893
    7,673 Posts
    Sun, Oct 1 2023 10:31 AM

To use the WGT app from Apple's app store, you need a MacBook with an M1 or M2 Pro chip. 

What Mac do you have? 

Edit

So, I verified the app works with Sonoma (both the OS version and from the app store).

It may be the case that you'll have to run an uninstaller app. I'm guessing you simply moved the old app to trash, emptied the trash, and rebooted.

If that's the case, I'd find a good uninstaller from the app store and use it to see if it can pick up any (potentially) missed files (for example, something buried in Library). 

• UVBLUE47
    1,049 Posts
    Sun, Oct 1 2023 10:55 AM

Forget the app store. Download  STEAM and you will have the wgt game. ITS SIMPLE

RSS