Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Practice green is incomplete

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jun 4 2023 7:55 PM (8 replies)
  • Duphpherer
    437 Posts
    Fri, Jun 2 2023 9:30 PM

Wanted to practice 13 and 14 speed greens. Seems odd they would not be included on the practice green. They are very much part of the game. 

Suppose I could make a tourney in my CC, but then there's no mulligan feature. 

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Sat, Jun 3 2023 5:04 AM

Duphpherer:

There's also no 14 speed, I think. Champ is 13 and Super fast is likely higher than 14...

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Sat, Jun 3 2023 6:36 AM

Duphpherer:

Wanted to practice 13 and 14 speed greens. Seems odd they would not be included on the practice green. They are very much part of the game. 

Skins practice mode is good for this, also gives a putt preview to help

• Duphpherer
    437 Posts
    Sat, Jun 3 2023 11:00 AM

PureGro1:

Skins practice mode is good for this, also gives a putt preview to help

Have never played skins, but I'm thinking skins won't let me play solo? I can also select champ in mutiplayer stroke. Again, apparently, I need a 2nd person? 

They should just fix the damn putting green.  

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, Jun 3 2023 12:50 PM

There have been many threads on this, I chose this one to show how long people have been mentioning it. 

There are some who have been lobbying strongly for this, maybe even setting up a CC for that purpose, why?

Well the only ranked rounds they play are the premier monthlies, other premium tournaments and the very occasional high stakes RG.  The premier monthlies they only ever finish in the money, this is because they play close to the end of the time and WD if their score means they'll be outside.  Why waste a rr I guess.  Anyway maybe 5 or 6 rr's a week with the rest just filler.  750rr's to Champ and then another 1,000 to TC so he should manage to keep avoiding the best players in the tiered premium events but what about practice for the big events, lets complain to wgt.

There are advantages of not being in the top tiers I'm glad if there's one place it's advantageous being at that level.  For giving one small reason that being a sandbagger doesn't give an advantage, I like they're not available.

To be clear, I don't think anyone in this thread is a sandbagger.

• Duphpherer
    437 Posts
    Sat, Jun 3 2023 2:46 PM

Thanks all. I found a free tourney with champ greens... June Wolf Creek. At least got to experience some very fast greens without costing me anything. No mulligan button tho. ha

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Sun, Jun 4 2023 4:27 AM

WGT has some weeklies with 14 speed greens but unfortunately the mulligan feature is not avaiable in tournaments. Play and replay if they are unllimited play.

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Sun, Jun 4 2023 6:00 AM

Duphpherer:

Have never played skins, but I'm thinking skins won't let me play solo? I can also select champ in mutiplayer stroke. Again, apparently, I need a 2nd person? 

They should just fix the damn putting green.  

Ahh, I see...I misread that first post, thinking you were wanting to help someone else.

On PC I can setup any stroke play course in practice mode- and choose green speeds- I do agree that the putting green is trash, really doesn't help a lot due to its own limits.

• Duphpherer
    437 Posts
    Sun, Jun 4 2023 7:55 PM

PureGro1:

Ahh, I see...I misread that first post, thinking you were wanting to help someone else.

On PC I can setup any stroke play course in practice mode- and choose green speeds- I do agree that the putting green is trash, really doesn't help a lot due to its own limits.

On solo practice there's no Champ greens... same as practice green. I'm still somewhat inexperienced on super fast greens. 

RSS