Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Variable Pin Locations Kiawah

Sat, Dec 19 2009 10:38 AM (7 replies)
  • Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Fri, Dec 18 2009 8:21 PM

I am very pleased with the new pin locations on Bethpage Black.  Are their plans to have a similar arrangement on Kiawah Island.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2009 7:10 AM

There definitely should be. Kiawah Island has now been relegated to a throw-away course for those players who have been here for months. Who'd want to play the same old pin locations for the thousandth time when there are 5 new pin locations per hole available at Bethpage?

• birdwell
    561 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2009 7:42 AM

um... i think their are only 2 new pin locations per hole. And their are currently 6 different combinations of those 2 locations.

I'm sure more pin locations will be released for BPB, to fill in the difficulty levels, and eventually the same willl be done for Kiawah.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2009 7:45 AM

The newsletter I received from WGT this morning said 3 locations per hole, but I've only actually seen 2.

Can you master the new Bethpage Black?

As our early holiday gift to you, new hole locations on Bethpage Black are now available in practice and ranked rounds! Experience Bethpage Black in a completely new way and be challenged by three different pin placements for each hole.

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2009 8:19 AM

2 pins are all I have noticed, as well  ... the old one plus 1 different position. 

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2009 8:58 AM

Haha.... Looks like the PR department made a blunder there!

I was at first saying, "Wow! WGT managed to beat TWO in this!"

Not so. TWO has 4 different pin locations per green. At first we were led to believe there were 6 pin locations per green at Bethpage. Today's newsletter admits it's only 3 locations per green. And now you guys are saying there are only 2 locations in total per green... Embarrassing.

I think they also re-wrote the article in the NEWS section, didn't they?

PS: I believe the 3rd location you guys can't see might only be available in Practice mode, Easy setting.

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2009 10:31 AM

Faterson:
    PS: I believe the 3rd location you guys can't see might only be available in Practice mode, Easy setting.

That was my thinking, too. I just haven't tried that setting.

• birdwell
    561 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2009 10:38 AM

I have played 2 or 3 rounds of a random 3 at each setting and have only seen 2 locations per hole.

RSS