Help › Forums

Re: Back on WGT After 2+ Years - Some Basic Questions

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 1 2022 10:51 AM (5 replies)
  • AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Sun, Jul 31 2022 7:32 AM

HI Everyone....

I am returning to WGT after about 2 years away from it.  Alot has changed here since I last played - and I am having trouble locating basic information about how some of these fetures work.  Here are some questions:

Are the old "Challenges" gone?  I remember playing 1-on-1 Match Play where I put up 100 credits and the other guy puts up 100 credits and the winner takes all 200 credits (less some fees).  Is that still here?

On a (maybe?) related note - I stumbled into a "Multi-Player Head to Head" game earlier - a 3 hold game which cost me some "Coins" and I played through it - but I did not understand really how the game works.  Is there a writeup or description on this someplace?  (I lost - not worried about it - but I want o know how it is supposed to work).

What are "Coins"?  We only had credits when I used to play. Is there a writeup on this feature someplace?

That's all for right now...I will stumble through the FAQs and see what else I can learn about WGT 2022.

Thanks, AtlantaCoaster (who lives in Easton, Pennsylvania since 2010 LOL)

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Sun, Jul 31 2022 7:51 AM

I don’t believe the “Challenge” game option made it to the new version. The closest thing that I can think that would be what you’re describing would be a Skins match where you decide on a credit value for each hole and then play 9 holes rather than just one.

The Head 2 Head “coin room” match you played is basically just a H2H game where the lowest score wins. If tied after the set holes then there is a one shot CTTH winner take all. You can play 1,3 or 9 hole matches. The Coins are not credits and can be used for only a few things.

• wagering stakes in coin room games 
    • used to upgrade apparel items
    • used to rent WGT club sets in ProShop

The other thing that you didn’t mention is Apparel. This would be new to a flash player. Before you chose a coin room to play in there is a green button at bottom asking to activate a sponsor. This is free every 6 hrs or so for 1/2 hr and when you play coin games with a sponsor activated you will win apparel items at the end of the match. 
    Apparel item serve two purposes. 1. it’s clothing items you can use on your player avatar. 2. The apparel items have enhancements such as added driver / 3Wood / iron distance. increase putter accuracy, extra XP points and even increased coins. more info on this can be read here https://www.wgt.com/forums/t/661183.aspx

• tramilleo
    1,869 Posts
    Sun, Jul 31 2022 8:15 AM

You can play match play for credits as well as skins Sir

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Sun, Jul 31 2022 8:35 AM

AtlantaCoaster:
    Thanks, AtlantaCoaster

If your not on DISCORD you should really check it out, You can probably find answers on their in real time easier...

https://www.wgt.com/forums/t/701475.aspx

• AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Sun, Jul 31 2022 11:12 AM

Thanks to everyone who is replying - I found the Match Play Challenge - it is under Game Modes > Multi-Player > MatchPlay

If you go in there you can select "Challenge" in the dropdown box and it took me to the screen where it paired me up with another player and we made our wagers - so that works.

I will learn my way through the rest of this in the coming days.

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Mon, Aug 1 2022 10:51 AM

Welcome back and enjoy. New version is good once you get used to it and there are issues and glitches, but this a game so just ignore them and enjoy what wgt gives you. Cheers

RSS