Forums

Help › Forums

Re: putter instruction

rated by 0 users
Mon, Dec 14 2009 6:47 PM (2 replies)
  • Moltar
    8 Posts
    Mon, Dec 14 2009 6:23 PM

can someone remind me where it was that i saw a putting instruction that showed each backward movement of putter= 6ft power  on the powerbar, is that on fast grns only. also it was talking about the boxes on grid equaled 2ft or something like that. I have tried the ruler tip, maybe im stupid, but there must be a formula like 1/4 inch on powerbar = so many ft of putt. same goes for when we hit a shot 90yrds with a club 110yrd-9iron how far do we back off the full powerbar to stop the ball 1yrd hole. I hope that this doesnt sound like to much asking, but i have managed to get to pro level very quickly all with starter equip, and feel that some of it was luck and the game helping to improve so that i'll have to spend money to buy better equip.  If there is is master out there that started this may and can help it would just great thanks moltar

• gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Mon, Dec 14 2009 6:28 PM

Hi Moltar, for the specific putting tutorial by nivlac which you are referring to, go to "Putting Tips" under the FAQs.

• mefitz
    372 Posts
    Mon, Dec 14 2009 6:47 PM

You probably saw it just to your right----------------------------------------------------------->     titled "Putting Tips" in the FAQs, where you can also find a ton of other info. You can also use the Search box at the top right for anything else, or post here with a question.

As for a "magic formula", I call it "feel".Imo, if your using your judgement of the wind, ball lie, up or down to target, where the ball will land, green speed, and how the ball will react to all these factors, why would you want to have the power you hit the ball Pre-calculated?

Practice a lot and you`ll get a feel for it. Also, be aware of how your ave. is figured. If you play a lot of 9 hole rounds, it will generally bring your ave. down quicker than you expect and you`ll become a master sooner than you want or should be. GL and enjoy!

RSS