Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Abuse in game chat

Fri, May 20 2011 1:54 PM (7 replies)
  • kinkydevil
    33 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2009 10:14 AM
    WGT sort this out or i am off. I will not be abused and flamed to put me off in cash wagers. Email sent with screenshots.
  • Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2009 10:32 AM

kinkydevil:
    WGT sort this out or i am off. I will not be abused and flamed to put me off in cash wagers. Email sent with screenshots.

Very good course of action.. screenshots.  Hopefully the miscreants will be dealt with harshly by WGT.

You shouldn't let it put you off though, Kdevil... when next it happens, take the first screenshot of the first offense and then shut down the chat window.  Then take their money when they lose.

There are times when being chatty and polite can work against you.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2009 10:44 AM

Thanks for sending it to us via email. We will take appropriate actions.

• RUSTY40
    255 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2009 12:59 PM
    Alex, We should have the ability to let our opponent know that Chat is disabled or have the ability to disable Chat during a game. Any message sent would not be received unless Chat is enabled.
  • WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2009 1:07 PM

Hi Rusty, thanks for the suggestion.

• bonhoeffe
    111 Posts
    Fri, May 20 2011 1:05 PM

Just played with xxxxxxx(Tour Pro). My partner's avatar showed a black man, and xxxxx would not let go of the racial slurs. xxxxxxxx was xxxxxx partner. He tried to stay out of it. Eventually xxxx quit the game, but would not apologize. I don't want racism in this game.

removed names -wgticon

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, May 20 2011 1:36 PM

wrong place and a real necro-thread (DECEMBER '09!)....

bonhoeffe, you need to email members@worldgolftour.com.

Screenshots are helpful as are witnesses.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, May 20 2011 1:54 PM

Snaike:

wrong place and a real necro-thread (DECEMBER '09!)....

bonhoeffe, you need to email members@worldgolftour.com.

Screenshots are helpful as are witnesses.

screens are very important. thanks for the report, but emailing with screenshots is the best possible way to ensure that we weed out the players that drive the community down

-wgticon

RSS