Help › Forums

Re: MATCHPLAY CHALLENGE

rated by 0 users
Wed, Dec 2 2009 2:38 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2009 6:39 PM

With you all the way on all counts AvLee.

• JulioMoot
    76 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2009 8:00 PM

i recently had a matchplay challenge game with a pro pom.

im sure it was challenge yet i saw no where to make a wager, plz explain!

though im a noob. sry no worries i found it in the faq's, dolt!

• Longshire
    186 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2009 8:15 PM

Yankee is more on target than meets the eye.

My 2 cents is that (Kinda like bowling), there should be a built in handicap....

With that being said...even in Vegas they give U points if U take the under-dog.

A lesser skilled player is at an immediate dis-advantage...it would be a "sucker bet" to go even up against a highly skilled Master.

It will all come out in the wash...Beta-Style!

• birdwell
    561 Posts
    Wed, Dec 2 2009 8:59 AM

Well, as it stands now, you could get to pro, have a 70+ average, play only matchplay games, get really good from those white tees, beat every master and pro you play, amass a stockpile a credits, feel confident you can beat anyone....

and still have a 70+ stroke play average!

So no, an automatic handicap isn't the best way to go. (At least as long as it it based solely on stroke play average)

Agreeing to odds between the players sounds like a better plan. Instead of a plan like A.Lee's, which throws more credits into the pot, why not lets one player give strokes to the other?....

So let's say I'm playing A.Lee, who will crush me 9.5 times out of 10 (we might tie once LMAO) But we agree that he has to beat me by 2 strokes.... If he only wins by 1, I take the pot. The wager and the Rake are otherwise the same.

This might be better suited for stroke play however (would be fun to have your eagles and double bogeys really matter!)

1,644 Posts
    Wed, Dec 2 2009 9:12 AM

birdwell:
    This might be better suited for stroke play however (would be fun to have your eagles and double bogeys really matter!)
    I would say that it would work for match play IF the handicap rating for the holes on the score card were actually correct.  That way I could spot you say a stroke each on the hardest 2 holes out of 9.  But as it stands now (taken from another thread) the handicap ratings on the holes does not seem to be accurate.

• joma1108
    42 Posts
    Wed, Dec 2 2009 2:38 PM
    Lee thats a great idea and i would be happy to play you on a handicap basis, but only problem is that there are some not so honest that could take advantage of this. would u be happy spotting 300 credits to find out you were playing a shark. unfortunately a lot of good ideas cant work due to that. although to be fair they would have to be pretty good to beat you even in handicap game
  • PAGES
RSS