Forums

Help › Forums

Re: || Apparel Megathread || 🏌️

Wed, Jun 12 2024 10:49 AM (124 replies)
  • SeveLiam
    6 Posts
    Sat, Feb 24 2024 1:21 AM

This seems to be the only thread where I can mention this, but I have just completed 7 games on Rio during the 30 minute period. Is this a record? It was helped by three factors:

1. 6 of the games were on Par 3s

2. only one went to tiebreak

3. one opponent forfeited without playing a shot on a Par 4 (why?).

• paueett
    42 Posts
    Wed, Mar 20 2024 5:10 AM

SeveLiam:

This seems to be the only thread where I can mention this, but I have just completed 7 games on Rio during the 30 minute period. Is this a record? It was helped by three factors:

1. 6 of the games were on Par 3s

2. only one went to tiebreak

3. one opponent forfeited without playing a shot on a Par 4 (why?).

Haven't played in a while but initially mentioned in the post you should be able to complete 6-8 1hole games so not a record, but 7 games is fine. Speed up the ball with the fast forward button, spam "esc" instead of manually closing hole info/cc pass/sponsor & other such windows, use other keybinds like space for cams & shift/tab for club/shot type, that's all you can do to try to get as many games as possible apart from playing faster yourself.

3. He probably disconnected or something no particular reason, lots of players in head2head are passing the time on a mobile device

• SeveLiam
    6 Posts
    Sat, Mar 30 2024 6:07 AM

Thanks for this further useful information. Please would you clarify one thing - you mentioned the "fast forward" button, I play on a Laptop, which is this button on a Laptop?

Some further info for your database. I am a Legend at Level 89, and play Rio. On 2 successive days recently, I got a Platinum drop after probably 20 days at this Tier, and occasionally get a Gold drop. I didn't note if the Plat drops occurred because I beat a Champion or Tour Champion. I have the SE Set Bonus at Level 6, and the frequency of getting a Set Bonus drop is probably in line with the frequency you quote. I must start keeping records!

• SeveLiam
    6 Posts
    Tue, Apr 9 2024 12:37 PM

I replied to this some days ago, but it went through the WGT check and hasn't been posted.

You mentioned the "fast forward" button - I play on a laptop, is there such a button on a laptop?

Also, several days ago, I got Plat drops on 2 successive days, but since then I have only received Silver, not even any Gold. I have a SE Set Bonus at Level 6, and play Rio.

• paueett
    42 Posts
    Wed, Jun 12 2024 10:49 AM

SeveLiam:

You mentioned the "fast forward" button - I play on a laptop, is there such a button on a laptop?

Well I didn't mean a key on a keyboard just the 2 arrows ⏩ that appear middle right of the screen after taking the shot instead of the "swing" draggable thingy. Clearly meant for tactile screens you gotta click it, we're playing a ported mobile app it is what it is.. I don't think this currently has a keybind but it definitely should.

SeveLiam:

Also, several days ago, I got Plat drops on 2 successive days, but since then I have only received Silver, not even any Gold. I have a SE Set Bonus at Level 6, and play Rio.

Set bonus brand/level shouldn't matter for gold/plat odds instead of silver, but as far as we know room tier does, with the higher rooms having a higher chance for gold/plat. It's also assumed that rng is pure and there's no pity system or record of the results taking past drops into account to influence future ones, so getting 2 plats in a row and a dry streak afterwards sounds like normal variance.

RSS