Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Can not download WGT app on desktop

Sun, Aug 29 2021 12:14 AM (25 replies)
  • PaulZava
    23 Posts
    Tue, Jun 8 2021 6:13 AM

When I clicked on "Play On Windows" nothing opened or downloaded because my ADBLOCKER was blocking popups.  

To fix the situation, allow popups on WGT page and then it will work.

Paul

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Thu, Jun 10 2021 7:28 AM

PaulZava:

When I clicked on "Play On Windows" nothing opened or downloaded because my ADBLOCKER was blocking popups.  

To fix the situation, allow popups on WGT page and then it will work.

Paul

Or :

SamSpayed:
    if you right-click that button and hit "Open link in new tab" or "Open link in new window", it works.
  • Chopper1953
    80 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2021 8:18 AM

Hello folks. I have been having issues with WGT for about a month. I read thru your notes and there are some similarities. Up until about 4 weeks ago, everything was fine on my laptop, tablet and phone. Now, they all have issues and WGT doesn't seem to know the answer. 

I have been using Google Chrome and Edge. Same problems on either of them.

Phone: Free credits. I only have access to the two credit videos ( box on left) and nothing else. Second Box: Center: nothing happens when I click on this box. This is where all the Tapjoy apps and surveys are.. Third box: Right: When I click on this link, I get a message that says that my account has been suspended and no-one can tell me why. Twenty messages sent, no replies.

Laptop: I have tried emulators, complete deletes and re-downloads and I keep getting the same issues in trying to get credits.  Free Credits, None of the above three boxes come up at all. The message that I get is " You will be re-directed to another link" When I hit continue, I am brought to a WGT page that has the Peanut surveys only. There are never any videos. Unfortunately every time that Tapjoy has a special weekend to get double credits, I can not get them because I have no access. 

Do I need to try another browser? Any ideas what is causing these issues? I use AVG security and have been using for years, never an issue.

Any help would appreciated.

Thank you, Bob

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2021 10:04 AM

Chopper1953:
    Up until about 4 weeks ago, everything was fine on my laptop, tablet and phone.

Hi Chopper .

Chopper1953:
    I have been using Google Chrome and Edge. Same problems on either of them.

I'm not going to be any help . I don't have any experience with anything you mentioned .

I have no luck with Google Chrome or Edge .

Don't know anything about the Free Credits . Had no luck with them either . Wrong demographics .

I do know that your laptop should run on PCEA . And the tablet and phone will run on the Mobile App .

It could be as simple as a browser problem . You might try Firefox . I find it extremely user friendly .

But hopefully some that have expertise in these subjects can guide you to some satisfaction .

NEWEST UPLOAD LINK Screen18

EDIT : I am not going to edit this out . No reason to . Nothing wrong with it . Is kind of unusual . Even for me . I will suffice it to say I must have been in a talkative mood that day . Since there is no such thing as wasted space in these forums . Then no worries .

• SamSpayed
    3,340 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2021 12:14 PM

Chopper1953:
    Laptop: I have tried emulators, complete deletes and re-downloads and I keep getting the same issues in trying to get credits.  Free Credits, None of the above three boxes come up at all. The message that I get is " You will be re-directed to another link" When I hit continue, I am brought to a WGT page that has the Peanut surveys only. There are never any videos. Unfortunately every time that Tapjoy has a special weekend to get double credits, I can not get them because I have no access. 

Hi Bob,

The Free Credit offers are available here on this web site.  All the PC/Laptop app does is redirect you here.  Here's the direct link to the offers:  

https://www.wgt.com/user/offers.aspx

Once you get there, you should see a screen like this:

You can scroll down to FEATURED OFFERS to see the offers that will earn you free credits (and double credits on the special weekends).

Hope this helps.

pdb1:
      I'm not going to be any help . I don't have any experience with anything you mentioned .

Paul... honestly.  If you're not going to be any help, just keep quiet.  Please and thank you.  

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Sat, Aug 28 2021 10:51 AM

SamSpayed:
    Paul... honestly.  If you're not going to be any help, just keep quiet.  Please and thank you. 

Honestly Sam . If I do not have every answer . I'm not going to not try to assist .

pdb1:

I have no luck with Google Chrome or Edge .

I do know that your laptop should run on PCEA . And the tablet and phone will run on the Mobile App .

It could be as simple as a browser problem . You might try Firefox . I find it extremely user friendly .

Those words are obviously useless to you . So don't pay attention to them please .

These are the thanks I get for just 3 posts ago . Page 1 Giving you props for some good advice ?

pdb1:

" SAM's SAVVY SOLUTIONS "

SamSpayed:
    if you right-click that button and hit "Open link in new tab" or "Open link in new window", it works.

Saying please and thank you do not have any meaning in these forums Sam . As you all have proven over and over .By ignoring them when I use them .

You are not a WGT employee . This is not your thread . You are not my boos or my superior or my elder .

You are obviously highly intelligent . Not too long ago would have considered you a very good mentor . I still highly respect you .  ( only God knows why ) .

My point is . I will not be intimidated . Please consider that when replying and commenting to or about me . I do not want to engage . At all . But will not be disrespected and will always react to instigations . Not to be rude or condescending . But to ask you to refrain . Because in this platform . Ignoring something does not make it go away . 

Thank you .

This guy below me is beyond approach . I will only echo the same sentiments as above . Very sad way to live and go about ones day without any regard for others . A narcissist plus . I find it fascinating . But am too close for comfort . And can't get away .

Mythanatos:
    what the rest of the world does when they don't know the answer: Think to themselves, " I can't help this person." Close thread. 

Lol . Did you read these forums ? Did you take a wrong turn ? Not even close .

FYI . This is an " Open Discussion Forum " Period . Not because I say so . Because it is . No dispute . And is not a " Support Forum " Period . As such and has always been the case . Anyone can discuss anything that is on his or her mind . Without the chance of backlash from some that may have another opinion . With the exception of "Trolls " . Which are not welcome in any type of forum platform . Trolls disrupt any flow a topic may have . They inject negativity , insults , unwanted negative criticism . And anything that can degrade their target .

Trolls use disdain to drive their drivel . And despite what they think of themselves . Are highly disliked and could not and would not get any respect outside of their circle . 

Most forums would not allow this . Unfortunately these forums are not one of them . .

• Mythanatos
    1,968 Posts
    Sat, Aug 28 2021 11:14 AM

What PDB does in a forum thread when he doesn't know anything about the topic.

post a bloviated rambling essay anyway. Waste space. Most always posts wrong info.

what the rest of the world does when they don't know the answer: Think to themselves, " I can't help this person." Close thread. 

• SamSpayed
    3,340 Posts
    Sat, Aug 28 2021 2:02 PM

Mythanatos:

Agreed.  I think that's the best policy.

• Mythanatos
    1,968 Posts
    Sat, Aug 28 2021 4:14 PM

pdb1:
    With the exception of "Trolls " .

pdb1:
    And despite what they think of themselves . Are highly disliked and could not and would not get any respect outside of their circle . 

You are so disliked here you  don't even have a circle. Virtually no one respects your opinion other than yourself. Only the newbies don't know any better. and they all learn  and surpass you eventually.

pdb1:
    Trolls disrupt any flow a topic may have .

need a mirror? everything about your posts disrupts flow.  Every thread. every time.

Even when you actually happen to be correct about something. it's going to be 500-1000 words of Rambling disorganized tripe.

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Sat, Aug 28 2021 7:26 PM

If there was a way to wager or prove your statements . I would take you up on it . But I would rather not . Because in the end it would be a devastating reality for you . And I do not wish harsh negativity on anyone .

There isn't any reality I can think of where you would be right . Except for what is going on in your own mind . And you have every right to your opinion .

RSS