Forums

Help › Forums

Re: New Format putting?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Nov 16 2020 11:09 PM (5 replies)
  • noname129
    392 Posts
    Fri, Nov 6 2020 7:46 AM

I find it almost impossible to really putt well in this new format.  The graphics are terrible.  Having the large information block attached to the pointer obstructs the putting alignment view to the point of making proper alignment impossible.  Additionally, having the grid disappear in front of the player when aligning a putt in reverse view  totally conflicts with putt alignment.  The old format putting alignment system needs to be included in this new format.  It is far superior to this new format.  As it is now, I don't think I will be playing WGT golf much longer.  This putting format and graphics totally ruins this game.

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Fri, Nov 6 2020 10:08 AM

I find the NV putting no different than flash and the Graphics are good(might depend on your machine)Press V to remove the sign post when putting.The players do look cartoonish.The only thing I see is a problem is lack of courses.At one time Wgt seemed to push realism but thats no longer the case with coin rooms and H2H and the Biggie is lack of new courses.For the non moblie/tablet players is has become also impossible to find stroke or alt games.Since realism is gone just make up courses and start with 100's and then expand from there.

• SamSpayed
    4,905 Posts
    Sat, Nov 7 2020 10:55 PM

noname129:
    I find it almost impossible to really putt well in this new format.  The graphics are terrible.  Having the large information block attached to the pointer obstructs the putting alignment view to the point of making proper alignment impossible.  Additionally, having the grid disappear in front of the player when aligning a putt in reverse view  totally conflicts with putt alignment.  The old format putting alignment system needs to be included in this new format.

Have you tried going to your Settings and changing PUTTING GRID to CLASSIC?  That should give you a putting alignment system that is very close to the old format (Flash).

• AugustWest82772
    45 Posts
    Sat, Nov 14 2020 7:18 PM

Thanks for that tip Sam.

Quick question: I am using the setting to turn off my putter pal but it keeps reverting back to the on position, no matter how many times I do it while saving.

Does anyone know why this is happening? Have I switched on something else that is requiring me to have putter pal on?

Thanks for any help!

August

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Sun, Nov 15 2020 8:18 AM

AugustWest82772:

Quick question: I am using the setting to turn off my putter pal but it keeps reverting back to the on position, no matter how many times I do it while saving.

Does anyone know why this is happening? Have I switched on something else that is requiring me to have putter pal on?

Thanks for any help!

August

August, are you deferring to Putter Pal or Putting Power Tip??  If you could please describe what you are trying to turn OFF that keeps coming back in more detail I'm sure we can figure it out?

• AugustWest82772
    45 Posts
    Mon, Nov 16 2020 11:09 PM

Putter pal.

I figured it out from another post. Seems that your putter pal in WGT has to be turned off for your putter pal in EA to be turned off.

Worked for me. 

RSS