Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Four Corners of Real Estate

rated by 0 users
Sat, Nov 14 2020 5:53 PM (6 replies)
  • Knockitoff
    79 Posts
    Wed, Nov 4 2020 9:44 PM

Hi Champion, Scott and/or any one else that can opine in topic.

I have looked for any input on my query, and have not culled up anything close yet.

The four corners of the new PCEA vs. Flash. 

1. The use of the 4 corners in Flash is a near perfect balance.  You can read the text (for those of us who have sh*t pile eyesight). You can understand most of the avatars, custom or not.  You can tell who is in a game, visually.  Most of the time. 
    2. The other 3 corners are also well balanced with the information they each possess. The inset display of the hole data is larger in Flash, and can be read easier. PCEA is not at all useful in my eyes, or as I see it..
    3. Chat........I can't see anything  logical about the two differing formats! Keep it in the one corner that Flash has it.  It fits nicely in the same space.
    4. Wind, flag, yardage etc. I just don't understand the choices for this    

Why would it be so difficult to make the PCEA utilize the same real estate from Flash?  It's normal for the eye's to scan from left to right (I don't know about lefty's), so in Flash all the data is not only larger, it flows in the natural way of the eyes.  PCEA breaks up this rhythm and forces you into an unnatural search for wanted information. 

It all fits nicely in Flash, Just copy that into the PCEA as it was, it should fit nicely just like Flash.

I can't get a game in before it crashes, and I've been compiling screen shots to show it happens on nearly all games I try to play

Thanks for any help.

Knock

• Knockitoff
    79 Posts
    Thu, Nov 5 2020 2:25 PM

Anyone?

• Knockitoff
    79 Posts
    Fri, Nov 13 2020 7:09 PM

Knockitoff:

Anyone?

I find it hard to believe that no one has an opinion about this??  

Knock

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Fri, Nov 13 2020 10:52 PM

Knockitoff:
    Why would it be so difficult to make the PCEA utilize the same real estate from Flash?

PCEA was developed using the Mobile app (not the Flash app) as its basis.  Therefore, it makes sense that the screen layout would be more similar to Mobile than to Flash.

Knockitoff:

I can't get a game in before it crashes, and I've been compiling screen shots to show it happens on nearly all games I try to play

Thanks for any help.

Game crashes can be caused by a variety of reasons.  WGT is not likely to respond to you here.  I'd suggest you contact them via their online form.

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Sat, Nov 14 2020 3:39 AM

Go into the games setting select your screen size.

• DRAGONFIRESr
    229 Posts
    Sat, Nov 14 2020 4:56 AM

SamSpayed:

PCEA was developed using the Mobile app (not the Flash app) as its basis.  Therefore, it makes sense that the screen layout would be more similar to Mobile than to Flash.

While your statement above is correct, a poor design, is still poor...IMHO.

I can understand the full screen text on the phone app being needed to see it at all, but here, it is just a waste.

The wind direction pointer could use some love as well, as it is now, it is too close to a triangle, and it is too small.

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Sat, Nov 14 2020 5:53 PM

I agree with everything you said, Dragonfire.  There is a lot WGT could improve with the new PC app design elements to take advantage of the larger screen size.  While I can understand why they just started by porting the mobile app to PC (and Mac and Steam), it should only be just that... a start.  Not the final design.

RSS