Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Friends

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jul 22 2020 7:53 AM (7 replies)
  • kdownunder
    1,463 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2020 4:47 AM

One of the joys of WGT and the absolute advantages of it as a Worldwide game is being able to play with people from across the world.  The new version has lost that aspect ... in my humble opinion ... you have to set up a game to find out who is online & available to play as opposed to the flash version where you can see all your friends who are online.   

After being a long time player on here .. I am not hearing a lot of positive about the new version ... I have no technology skills so I do not know why that is .. but that is the feedback I hear ... 

But ultimately it is a world game and has absolute advantages with that from a number of perspectives ....   so everything you set up WGT should support that IMHO:)

K

• JDGHOST
    6,800 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2020 5:40 AM

Well said ..Just another aspect lost  with "PCEA"

• Slimjim001
    1,026 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2020 5:59 AM

I totally agree with you K. I've been playing the new version for about six months (launching from Steam) and over all, I like it well enough but like you, I am concerned that the game in real danger of becoming cold and impersonal. If I were a club owner, I would be deeply concerned how I was going to keep my club together after the first of the year. Camaraderie among members is one of the most important aspects of country club life and when communication options are minimized as they appear to be on the new platform, the personal side of WGT will surely suffer. 

• mrshanestaley
    661 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2020 6:27 AM

Wow, I was preparing to give WGT some love by saying you can still see who is online in PCEA  by clicking on Friends at the bottom of the screen. It brings up your friends list and has a green Play button beside all your friends that are currently online. Granted you cannot know whether they are green waiting for a game or not so green already in a game until you invite them!

BUT, I just went to my friends list and found that WGT only gives you 15 seconds to look at the list before automatically taking you back to home screen...SMH. It has a message up top that says "Auto-resuming game in 15s, but I wasn't IN A GAME.

My solution for now is to have the flash version up in a window that I can peep at to see who is green, who is red, etc. while playing PCEA. Not sure what to do after that goes away, hoping it will get added to PCEA somehow.

I switched to PCEA back in March and have not gone back to flash. It takes some getting used to but I enjoy it as much as I enjoyed the flash version prior to switching. I have seen many improvements since March and many issues. I am hoping they continue to work on it if they think it is to be "as good or better" than what we had.

I would like to suggest a different way to get the worldwide experience in WGT no matter what version you play... join a Discord App chat/voice server that focuses on WGT. Many country clubs have their own servers. Some let people outside the club join and some don't. But there are other servers out there that you can join no matter what WGT country club you are in. I am an admin in one such server called Discord Open Golf where we have 90 members from over 30 different clubs. I would be happy to help anyone looking to use Discord to meet up with other WGT players, just leave a post on my wall if you need assistance getting started or would like an invite to our server.

MrShane

• Robert1893
    7,679 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2020 6:40 AM

mrshanestaley:
    BUT, I just went to my friends list and found that WGT only gives you 15 seconds to look at the list before automatically taking you back to home screen...SMH. It has a message up top that says "Auto-resuming game in 15s, but I wasn't IN A GAME.

My friends list doesn't act that way at all. The list stays displayed until I decide to navigate away from it (both Mac and Windows). 

• mrshanestaley
    661 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2020 6:45 AM

Robert1893:

My friends list doesn't act that way at all. The list stays displayed until I decide to navigate away from it (both Mac and Windows). 

Well I'll be... I hadn't notice it do that for me until today either. Hopefully it was just an isolated issue on my end! I did just close the game and opened the Steam version of the game (I have both Steam version AND download PCEA version) to find that it does not do it there!

• Robert1893
    7,679 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2020 6:50 AM

mrshanestaley:
    Well I'll be... I hadn't notice it do that for me until today either. Hopefully it was just an isolated issue on my end! I did just close the game and opened the Steam version of the game (I have both Steam version AND download PCEA version) to find that it does not do it there!

That's good to hear. Hopefully, it was just a glitch or was fixed in a recent update. 

• Slimjim001
    1,026 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2020 7:53 AM

Hi MrShane. I would like to join your Discord group. My Discord ID is:  Slimjim001 #3785. I would appreciate an invite.

Thanks

Jim

RSS