Forums

Help › Forums

Re: open letter to Top Golf management

Wed, Jul 22 2020 4:46 PM (8 replies)
  • KYLANDER
    970 Posts
    Tue, Jul 21 2020 5:15 PM

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

You once acquired a brilliant online Golf game from the inventors.

Once back in time, I thought You were needing the software to evolve your event-based locations. 

And maybe, that worked. Have no clue on that as an non-American citizen.

Hence then, You failed to run an online-community.

Because You had no clue about online-gaming or managing "communities".

But You tried, and the outcome was o.k..

Not many new courses then, not many real inventions to the game (like team skin games f.e.), but You managed to run this quiet smooth.

Now, You face Adobe stopping "Flash" at the end of 2020. And You know that for years!

Adobe announced in 2010, that they will stop developing Flash in 2011. That is NINE years ago.

You brought up a "mobile version", which I played occasionally to maintain the "daily streak". This mobile version is not bad at all; but picking clubs, adjusting wind compensation and setting appropriate spin takes much more time then on the desktop version.

You know, some highly developed games need a certain hardware to work perfect.

Playstation PS4 players never expect to have a good gaming experience on a smartphone... "Call of Duty" on multiplayer on a 4 inch screen :-)

Some highly intense games require the hardware; and WGT Golf is highly intense.

By far the best Golfing simulation, by far. But it needs the appropriate hardware . Fullstop.

Since You know for 11 years, that "Flash" is going to die sometimes, what is your reaction to that threat ? 

And the answer is that "launcher version" since end of 2019. 

Well, you adapted the mobile version and focussed on "fancies", like "dresses" that provide extra distance, which is a no-go for a serious game.

This "launcher version" has a feel like Mickey Mouse on acid. It is clumsy, avatar looks like Hulk, wind flag is too small, and else. There are very good "critics" in the forums, but what You do? Nothing. Customer experience seems the last You care about.

And now, since about 3 weeks, You trying to ruin the "Flash" version by adding mystery winds. Dinged shots go nowhere, and else.

Is this the way You want us to convince to move to "mobile/launcher" version? 

Really? Cheating on perfect shots, betraying players effort?

Just to make "Flash" players move to other platforms WGT was never meant to be?

Are You serious? Are You really risking your loyal players to quit?

For a platform designed for teens, who will never stay for more than 2 months or spend 9 USD for a good sleeve of virtual golf balls?

Why did U never did marketing campaigns for Japan, Malaysia and else? They are Golf crazy, and online addicted.

I was loving this game, as a real golfer with hcp 11, spending about 200 USD a year for balls etc. 

But You are following the wrong track, never taking care of your loyal customers.

Good luck then.

Cheers, Kyle

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2020 11:59 AM

Good posts by both of you.

I think we all feel let down with this new game.

• Yiannis1970
    3,271 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2020 12:13 PM

Don't waste your time guys....

• ElDystoped
    49 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2020 12:30 PM
    These problems are in PCEA also. Lately the wind is all over the place, dinged shots act like you never even aimed, greens are not as stated speed wise. Seems every update it gets worse.
  • JDGHOST
    6,800 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2020 12:52 PM

Yiannis1970:

I have been as outspoken as anyone when it comes to the NV But...At this point...I'm with you Yiannis...I give up ...they Win !!

JD

• THUNDERTOM
    381 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2020 2:15 PM

WHAT WE ALL NEED TO DO IS CONTACT THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU. WE PAY FOR THIS GAME AND THEY DO NOTHING TO FIX PROBLEMS.   MY 2 CENTS WORTH.

• THUNDERTOM
    381 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2020 2:20 PM

ALSO,I THINK THEY ALL WENT TO THE BOZO THE CLOWN SCHOOL.

• Slimjim001
    1,026 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2020 2:40 PM

I think we all know by now that the decisions have been made and now its simply a matter of dumping the old and bringing in the new...hell or high water. I think the decent thing for WGT to do would have WGT Champion send out an open letter describing fully where all this is going and when. Enough of the secrecy and mystery. At least that way, club owners would have six months to figure out how to best salvage their clubs and help their members make the adjustments. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2020 4:46 PM

JDGHOST:

Yiannis1970:

I have been as outspoken as anyone when it comes to the NV But...At this point...I'm with you Yiannis...I give up ...they Win !!

JD

Follow the money. Never fails to illuminate the direction and WGT is right after it. There's no money in appeasing long time members, if they want to keep going they'll move to today's version.

Biting off your nose to spite your face has never been a wise move. As much as I absolutely hate to say it, if I want to keep feeding the golf fix I gotta get with the new program. Links is an option but I have 11 years invested here if you can call playing a computer game an investment. LOL It is a golf fix in the end. I just dread revisiting Hack Central on the greens.  ;-(

RSS