Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Creating Tournaments in PCEA

rated by 0 users
Sat, Apr 25 2020 8:07 PM (2 replies)
  • Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Sat, Apr 25 2020 7:39 AM

Every week in our club we have a round you can play called the Weekly Warm-Up - just a bit of froth that you can play to practice on before you go and play something more important.

This week I thought I'd create it in the PCEA version to see what that's like. It seems to be more cumbersome than in the flash version as you have to click through various screens to new setup options rather than having them all laid out of one screen. But whatever, it's still not particularly time-consuming.

Anyway, I got all the way to the end of the setup and clicked to publish it, at which point I get a message telling me that I can't do that because our club has reached the maximum number of tournaments we're allowed to create. (We haven't of course.)

So I closed out of there (since that was the only option it now allowed me) and created it in the flash version instead. Once I was done lo and behold it had published the round in PCEA anyway so now I have two versions running.

It doesn't matter, like I said it's an unimportant round and not part of the club's tournament season, but I shall be avoiding creating any other tournaments in PCEA.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Nigel.

• DufferJohn7
    3,563 Posts
    Sat, Apr 25 2020 2:24 PM

Yes, back before Valley of the Sun Casual Club met it's demise the PCEA version had a lower limit on the number of tournaments allowed than the flash version. 

Also some of the tournament set-up options are missing in PCEA. One I remember without going through it again is the 5 day round duration is missing.

Hopefully someday this will all be worked out.

DJ7 

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Sat, Apr 25 2020 8:07 PM

DufferJohn7:
    Also some of the tournament set-up options are missing in PCEA.

Also (though this is very minor ) the flag and tee marker options didn't allow for the default game ones, it required me to choose either the CC ones or the lone other option of party hats that we apparently won in some dark and distant Clash event by accident.

Nigel.

RSS