Help › Forums

Re: Oops the game crashed.

rated by 0 users
Mon, Apr 20 2020 6:58 PM (7 replies)
  • BlaisAlex
    2 Posts
    Sun, Apr 19 2020 3:16 PM

Hi!

I've tried to play WGT on the early access and also on the steam library.

I'm getting a message error from my PC.

''The game crashed.
    The crash report folder named ''2020-04-19'' next to the game excutable.
    It would be great if you'd send it to the developer of the game.''

I uninstalled and re-installed both versions and it is not working.

Can someone help me please?

Thank you!

• ScottHope
    10,096 Posts
    Mon, Apr 20 2020 1:34 AM

You may need to delete the WGT key in the registry to get rid of the error that the old install created.

I think uninstalling the game may leave quite a lot of it in the registry and when you reinstall it, it just picks up all that old garbage left behind and you end up with the same problems you had before.

See HERE for more information. 

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Mon, Apr 20 2020 4:15 AM

ScottHope:

You may need to delete the WGT key in the registry to get rid of the error that the old install created.

I think uninstalling the game may leave quite a lot of it in the registry and when you reinstall it, it just picks up all that old garbage left behind and you end up with the same problems you had before.

See HERE for more information. 

Read what he said again. He has both versions installed. That could really cause a mess.

• ScottHope
    10,096 Posts
    Mon, Apr 20 2020 4:48 AM

I installed both versions too and have used this method. Nothing got messed up.

They are not two different games.

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Mon, Apr 20 2020 12:57 PM

Actually Scott, the PCEA version has both the spinner and scratcher in it.  Steam version has neither.

I am able to play all three(PCEA, Steam, and the flash version)with no problems.

Also, you might want to take a look at RevoUninstaller, for all those added places.

• ScottHope
    10,096 Posts
    Mon, Apr 20 2020 1:49 PM

garyk49:
    Actually Scott, the PCEA version has both the spinner and scratcher in it.  Steam version has neither.

So when you fire it up through Steam it just switches those bits off.

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Mon, Apr 20 2020 3:39 PM

ScottHope:

garyk49:

So when you fire it up through Steam it just switches those bits off.

I guess so, Scott.  I already belonged to Steam and put the game on my wishlist.  There was no download for the game for me to play.  I already had the Steam Client downloaded.  Already had downloaded the PCEA version, was sitting on the desktop.  Just pushed play on the Steam Site and was into the game, playing on Steam.

• maoriand1
    1,279 Posts
    Mon, Apr 20 2020 6:58 PM

BlaisAlex:

''The game crashed.
    The crash report folder named ''2020-04-19'' next to the game excutable.
    It would be great if you'd send it to the developer of the game.''

i think it s the directx . try inputting -force-d3d9 to launch settings for the game if using windows.(steam Library - right-click WGT - properties - general - set launch options)

if that doesn t work.. open your steam folder /steamapps/commons/topgolf and find the report log about 2020-04-19...open it and find the error line.  add a screenshot or copy here. 

99% it s the directx

RSS