Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Advice needed by newbie.

Mon, Nov 16 2009 11:47 AM (4 replies)
  • EHJAMBO
    1 Posts
    Mon, Nov 16 2009 6:54 AM

just started playing this today after a friend reccomended it to me.  Very impressed but the game is running really slow on my laptop.  Have downloaded the ABode 10 but has made no difference.  Any ideas how to make it run quicker!!!

Thanks in advance.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Nov 16 2009 7:06 AM

Welcome, EH-

Click on "System Requirements" to the right------------------> and make sure you have enough computer and RAM

There's a lot of reading you can do on the subject by searching the forum and you may solve the problem yourself. GL

YJ

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, Nov 16 2009 7:45 AM

In the game options you can try to dumb down some of the graphics settings.  Change these settings under the basic tab if you haven't already.

Flash Quality: LOW

Reflections: OFF

Putting Grid: OFF

Friend/Invitation Alert: AUDIO OFF

Then, under the Advanced game options, try these:

Background Loading: OFF

It's not going to make a huge difference, but it should help out a little.  Good luck!

• joko1
    2 Posts
    Mon, Nov 16 2009 9:00 AM

NIVLAC is right on the money and those adjustments fixed my problem (mostly) re: swing meter stutter, which will kill a shot for sure.

Now, I have a question of my own: I have an avatar (looks like agent 47, Hitman) and would like to replace it with my photo. Is that possible? If so, where can I see steps to get that done?

• Mem11
    199 Posts
    Mon, Nov 16 2009 11:47 AM

joko1:

Now, I have a question of my own: I have an avatar (looks like agent 47, Hitman) and would like to replace it with my photo. Is that possible? If so, where can I see steps to get that done?

Under "My Profile" click "Appearance"

Choose "Custom" hit "Browse"

Find the photo you want on your computer hit "Open" and you should be set.

RSS