Forums

Help › Forums

Re: I get no audio in the new version.

rated by 0 users
Sat, Mar 28 2020 12:13 PM (4 replies)
  • mcgozer
    80 Posts
    Fri, Mar 27 2020 12:18 PM

My audio works for everything else on my PC, including the flash version of WGT. I have looked at my audio settings under advanced and the audio for this app is the same as other apps. I have audio enabled in the settings. I get no sounds at all.

Ideas?

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Sat, Mar 28 2020 6:59 AM

mcgozer:

My audio works for everything else on my PC, including the flash version of WGT. I have looked at my audio settings under advanced and the audio for this app is the same as other apps. I have audio enabled in the settings. I get no sounds at all.

Ideas?

The only thing I see in the PCEA audio options is you can turn the music on/off, and 3 volume controls.  Check that the controls are pulled to the right for max volume.  All moved left would mean no game sounds.

• mcgozer
    80 Posts
    Sat, Mar 28 2020 9:35 AM

Unfortunately its not that simple. That has already been tried. I'll probably have to uninstall it and reinstall it.

• ScottHope
    10,098 Posts
    Sat, Mar 28 2020 11:38 AM

This probably isn't it, but it's worth trying.

With the game running, right click on your system trays speaker icon, select open volume mixer from the pop up menu, then check that the volume slider for the game is not very low or the speaker icon is not showing as muted...

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Mar 28 2020 12:13 PM

mcgozer:

Unfortunately its not that simple. That has already been tried. I'll probably have to uninstall it and reinstall it.

Thats what I had to do recently after a Windows Update. I uninstalled the driver from device manager and Re-Booted. It automatically downloaded and installed the audio driver.

For some reason it took out my audio driver during the update.

RSS