Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Can I go back?

Mon, Mar 16 2020 10:57 AM (7 replies)
  • zzmoenorman
    31 Posts
    Mon, Mar 16 2020 5:51 AM

I assumed (stupid me). that if The early version was not something I could work with I could continue with the flash version.... NOpe.

Is there a way to go back.  I removed the launcher from my computer and went to my normal loading method for WGT and I get a screen that allows me to do some things bu not play golf.

Can anyone help?

• TopShelf2010
    10,881 Posts
    Mon, Mar 16 2020 6:18 AM

• MarchieB
    1,526 Posts
    Mon, Mar 16 2020 7:54 AM

This Forum is going to become REAL fun when mainstream browsers begin to actually disable Flash permanently!! 😖 

• zzmoenorman
    31 Posts
    Mon, Mar 16 2020 8:27 AM

When I was using the WGT EAccess. I noted that when I went to the putting green There was not an escape back to the previous menu, short of closing the app entirely.

I use two screens on my computer and typically play golf on the big screen.  The EA version would not allow me to move the app to screen 2  and If I reference another program (like excel) the whole mess went haywire.

Just FYI.  Those were the item I noticed in my short foray with EA.  I hope it gets better.

Thanks.

ZZMoenorman (Keith Long)

• MarchieB
    1,526 Posts
    Mon, Mar 16 2020 8:57 AM

zzmoenorman:
      . . . when I went to the putting green There was not an escape back to the previous menu, short of closing the app entirely.

I assume you're talking about the Putting Practice Green. In PCEA & Mobile there are two info bars on the top left and right of the screen. Each of those if clicked on pulls up a drop down menu. On the practice green the left one allows you to change the green's speed and difficulty or move your ball on the green. It also has the end game button.

• TopShelf2010
    10,881 Posts
    Mon, Mar 16 2020 9:07 AM

• ScottHope
    10,130 Posts
    Mon, Mar 16 2020 10:43 AM

⇧ Thanks Don.  ; ) â‡§

zzmoenorman:
    I use two screens on my computer and typically play golf on the big screen.  The EA version would not allow me to move the app to screen 2  and If I reference another program (like excel) the whole mess went haywire.

There is a value in the registry which refers to a monitor selection for the PCEA game...

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\WGT\WGT Golf\UnitySelectMonitor_h17969598

...but I can't test it as I have only one monitor. It's default value appears as 0, so I guess if you changed that to 1 it may switch the game to another monitor.

If you don't fancy poking around in the registry, you can create a registry file using notepad and just run that and it will change the value for you. If you're interested in that, let me know.

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Mon, Mar 16 2020 10:57 AM

ScottHope:

⇧ Thanks Don.  ; ) â‡§

zzmoenorman:

There is a value in the registry which refers to a monitor selection for the PCEA game...

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\WGT\WGT Golf\UnitySelectMonitor_h17969598

...but I can't test it as I have only one monitor. It's default value appears as 0, so I guess if you changed that to 1 it may switch the game to another monitor.

If you don't fancy poking around in the registry, you can create a registry file using notepad and just run that and it will change the value for you. If you're interested in that, let me know.

Not sure why the issue, change your primary and secondary display in your video control panel... At work I play the game on the 3rd monitor and no issues running programs on the other ones. Games usually set to primary but you can set any monitor to primary and as long as there aren't any resolution issues you should be fine.

RSS