Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Steam Early Access DELAYED

Wed, Mar 11 2020 7:40 PM (3 replies)
  • WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Wed, Mar 11 2020 5:10 PM

Hi everyone,

Due to unforeseen circumstances outside of our control, we will not be releasing on Steam tomorrow. This is absolutely heartbreaking to our team who have put forward an incredible effort to have the release ready on time.

We will still be holding our original plan of putting up our new update tomorrow for the PCEA version which will include Alt Shot and skins. 

Our Steam page now includes a tentative date of May 1 which was set by Steam, and we are working with Steam to get a better idea on when we will be able to release. 

Thank you for understanding. 

_CHAMPION 

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Wed, Mar 11 2020 5:19 PM

Thank you 

OPY

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Mar 11 2020 5:19 PM

WGTChampion:
    Our Steam page now includes a tentative date of May 1 which was set by Steam

Looks like they've taken that down and replaced it with "coming soon".

• BogeyOne
    1,966 Posts
    Wed, Mar 11 2020 7:40 PM

WGTChampion:

Our Steam page now includes a tentative date of May 1 which was set by Steam, and we are working with Steam to get a better idea on when we will be able to release. 

Thank you for understanding. 

There is an active community of players in the PCEA game that use Linux. The time extension cited would surely allow the game to be programmed for those users. It seems rather cold to me that they will shut out of playing the game on Steam because of a conscious decision on the part of WGT not to do just that. It just does not make sense that adapting it for Linux would be be more difficult that adding alt shot and skins. The Jack Nicklaus Perfect Parallel game is Linux enabled and I got that one years ago. I have been brushing up on it just in case WGT decides not to play nice on this issue.

- Just my nickle 98.

RSS