Forums

Help › Forums

Re: One & Done Week 11- The Players Championship

Mon, Mar 16 2020 9:08 AM (57 replies)
  • AlaskanDame
    19,036 Posts
    Thu, Mar 12 2020 8:29 PM

pmm711:

Looks like a wrap this week.  What a mess COVID-19 has caused.  A vaccine will be ready soon...but will they approve it? 💉

Yep, Players has been cancelled. . . . and all PGA events “through The Valero Open” (early April).

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Thu, Mar 12 2020 8:41 PM

pmm711:

Looks like a wrap this week.  What a mess COVID-19 has caused.  A vaccine will be ready soon...but will they approve it? 💉

Where did you get a vaccine will be ready soon?

Everything I've read and heard say the exact opposite.

• jacktrade51
    10,945 Posts
    Thu, Mar 12 2020 8:45 PM

AlaskanDame:

pmm711:

Yep, Players has been cancelled. . . . and all PGA events “through The Valero Open” (early April).

Sad,

Not to make light of the coronavirus, or of the cancellation and the impact on many people, it  would have been nice to see the pros play without fans and stands serving as back drops.

When I played in a country club, there were no fans (accidental body blockers) or built stands stopping my errant shots.  I have seen PGA pros shoot off the stands.  That was never an option for me.

That said, safety is the 1st option so I am not complaining.

Tom.

• WGTJudgeSmails
    259 Posts
    Fri, Mar 13 2020 8:57 AM

Well I think everyone knew this day was coming sooner rather than later after the last 48 hours. Hopefully when sports continue again the Tour will find a way to squeeze in all the big events, but until that time all we can do is wait. In the meantime, be on the lookout for side tournaments some of the admins will be running especially me. Hopefully this game helps everyone feel a little bit of normalcy during these strange times and can be a distraction. Hope everyone is well and has a list of shows they can catch up on now.I will be starting McMillions today, but if anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears!

-Judge Smails

• ostfriedel
    2,050 Posts
    Fri, Mar 13 2020 10:18 AM

Thank you Judge. Very appreciated. Take care everyone!

Friedel

• jacktrade51
    10,945 Posts
    Fri, Mar 13 2020 5:23 PM

Not to mope … online is irrevelant to loss to fans traveling, loss of income for sales people, ticket counters, car attendants, etc. 

But I was saving Rory because he was my Masters pick.  And the Master is the one tournament that could re-schedule in the fall.

Tom.

• stevedavies500
    1,878 Posts
    Sat, Mar 14 2020 8:07 AM

WGTJudgeSmails:

Well I think everyone knew this day was coming sooner rather than later after the last 48 hours. Hopefully when sports continue again the Tour will find a way to squeeze in all the big events, but until that time all we can do is wait. In the meantime, be on the lookout for side tournaments some of the admins will be running especially me. Hopefully this game helps everyone feel a little bit of normalcy during these strange times and can be a distraction. Hope everyone is well and has a list of shows they can catch up on now.I will be starting McMillions today, but if anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears!

-Judge Smails

Thanks Judge

Stay healthy everyone

Steve

• JDGHOST
    6,803 Posts
    Mon, Mar 16 2020 9:08 AM

WGTJudgeSmails:
    In the meantime, be on the lookout for side tournaments some of the admins will be running especially me. Hopefully this game helps everyone feel a little bit of normalcy during these strange times and can be a distraction. Hope everyone is well and has a list of shows they can catch up on now.I will be starting McMillions today, but if anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears!

Ok so what are these "SIDE" tourneys and "Mcmillions"  ??

JD

RSS