Forums

Help › Forums

Re: New sponsor or what

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jan 31 2020 10:15 AM (7 replies)
  • borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Thu, Jan 30 2020 10:33 AM

Last night I played several rounds. A couple of CC tourneys and couple of this weeks weekly tourneys. Underneath the wind indicator to the left of the course logo was what appeared to be the Master Card logo. But today it is not there. Did anyone else see that last night?

Is WGT getting Master Card as a sponsor?

• TopShelf2010
    10,881 Posts
    Thu, Jan 30 2020 11:25 AM

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Thu, Jan 30 2020 11:52 AM

They also have a ball now in the pro shop . So they may have some more involvement in the game other than just the tournament . 

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Thu, Jan 30 2020 11:58 AM

Thanks Don . It never occurred to me to check the news page. I didn’t read it any further down than the Chinese New Year. Shirts.

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Thu, Jan 30 2020 12:02 PM

You might only see the MasterCard logo on Pebble Beach as that’s the course they’re featuring in their Sweepstakes. 

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Thu, Jan 30 2020 2:26 PM

If I read correctly, you have to be a mastercard holder in the US to be eligible for the prizes.

----

This special tournament is available to play on WGT Golf Mobile and open to current Mastercard holders that are legal U.S. residents. See official rules for complete details.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, Jan 30 2020 2:41 PM

There has been a thingy with Topgolf and Mastercard for a while, cardholers will probably soon have sole access to the Rocket Pants "watch that ball climb" ;-))

Topgolf and Mastercard are proud to announce that Mastercard has joined the global sports leader's portfolio of partners as the Official Payment System and Preferred Card of Topgolf. Beginning in 2019, Mastercard will make a suite of benefits and perks exclusively available to cardholders designed to enrich their Topgolf experience.

As part of the partnership, Mastercard cardholders will receive access to reservation times and preferred pricing at most Topgolf venues nationwide. They will also receive the opportunity to win Priceless experiences throughout the year and access to exclusive pre-sales and discounted tickets to Topgolf events, such as concerts, coaching programs and many others, courtesy of Mastercard. 

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Fri, Jan 31 2020 10:15 AM

borntobesting:

Last night I played several rounds. A couple of CC tourneys and couple of this weeks weekly tourneys. Underneath the wind indicator to the left of the course logo was what appeared to be the Master Card logo. But today it is not there. Did anyone else see that last night?

Is WGT getting Master Card as a sponsor?

Probably all participants will receive a ‘free ball’ which if your from the States is fine, what about everyone else?

So much for World Golf Tour?

RSS