Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Accessing new courses

Sat, Nov 7 2009 5:14 PM (9 replies)
  • todd31984
    1 Posts
    Wed, Nov 4 2009 11:21 AM

How do I access new courses?  I can only play Bethpage and Kiawah Island, even though five other courses show up on my list.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Nov 4 2009 1:24 PM

You wait.

Bethpage Black and Kiawah are the only two courses available for stroke/match play.

The other courses are for CTTH (Closest to the hole) competitions.

Hope that helps.

Peace.

• oppy
    286 Posts
    Wed, Nov 4 2009 1:24 PM

those are the only ones open to stroke play

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Nov 4 2009 1:47 PM

Gosh! I swear there are at least 5 parallel threads running in these forums today, all covering the same question: "Only these 2 stroke-play courses?" The day we'll see some threads merge in this forum will be the day I'll eat my hat (and socks).

(I apologize for the outburst, but it's highly frustrating when out of 10 newly launched threads, 5 talk about the same thing, covered thousands of times before, interspersed in any and all forum subsections. What a monumental waste of kilobytes!)

The following should probably be the top 4 questions covered in WGT's FAQ, if we truly hold onto the meaning of that acronym (Frequently Asked Questions):

1. Are there really only 2 stroke-play courses? Yes, only 2.
    2. When will there be new stroke-play courses? Hard to tell.
    3. When will there be variable pin positions? Hard to tell.
    4. When will there be a putting green and driving range? Hard to tell.

I believe it will be no exaggeration to say that at least a hundred (!) redundant forum threads have already been launched in these forums, in miscellaneous haphazard subcategories, to cover each of the 4 questions listed above.

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Wed, Nov 4 2009 1:58 PM

Seriously, use the Search Bar or just scroll down a couple threads and you'll find your answer. Every time.

• STUDIOSHD
    180 Posts
    Thu, Nov 5 2009 8:02 AM

Faterson:

Gosh! I swear there are at least 5 parallel threads running in these forums today, all covering the same question: "Only these 2 stroke-play courses?" The day we'll see some threads merge in this forum will be the day I'll eat my hat (and socks).

(I apologize for the outburst, but it's highly frustrating when out of 10 newly launched threads, 5 talk about the same thing, covered thousands of times before, interspersed in any and all forum subsections. What a monumental waste of kilobytes!)

The following should probably be the top 4 questions covered in WGT's FAQ, if we truly hold onto the meaning of that acronym (Frequently Asked Questions):

I believe it will be no exaggeration to say that at least a hundred (!) redundant forum threads have already been launched in these forums, in miscellaneous haphazard subcategories, to cover each of the 4 questions listed above.

• STUDIOSHD
    180 Posts
    Thu, Nov 5 2009 8:03 AM

TheLighterDark:

Seriously, use the Search Bar or just scroll down a couple threads and you'll find your answer. Every time.

Lighter that is true. Instead of me asking the question I just searched here in the forums and saw where others posted what I was asking but did it for me and I got my answer. So again Lighter that is so true.          

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Sat, Nov 7 2009 4:33 AM

Faterson:

Then we just have to get people to read the FAQ page. Which is as likely as new players using the search function.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Nov 7 2009 6:22 AM

This would all be easily handled by proper forum moderation, Soulcatcher. For each of the 4 questions you listed, a dedicated forum thread should be launched. Any new forum inquiry on any of these 4 questions, improperly posted as a new thread by a forum newbie, would be silently transferred by a moderator to the existing forum thread on the same issue.

This would prevent the awful clutter that dominates these forums. We wouldn't get 100 threads all talking about the same issue, endlessly repeating and rehashing what has already been said thousands of times before. There would only be 1 thread per oft-repeated issue. The same goes for all the other controversial subjects: swing-meter lags, quitters, you name it! There should only be a single forum thread per each such repetitive issue, with forum moderators silently transferring duplicate posts/threads to the existing threads. That's a very easy thing to do, provided you have dedicated forum moderators. Unfortunately, we don't have them (yet) on this site.  

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Sat, Nov 7 2009 5:14 PM

Once again, I won't hole my breath waiting for the moderator.

*edit* The moderation seams to be getting better with quick response to the report abuse tab. Thank you WGT and keep improving. It is always nice to see progress here.

RSS