Help › Forums

Re: New Wedges and Putter?

Tue, Sep 10 2019 12:29 PM (26 replies)
  • SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Fri, Aug 2 2019 6:40 AM

Robert1893:

HackWilson1930:
    Seems that WGT is a member of this "new" club. Change the box but not the corn flakes inside.

And put a higher price on it as well! 

The Callaway wedges, I’ll probably keep them as alternate. Putter, I just need to choose which one to keep, just need few more matches with them..All in all, I’m satisfy with my purchases. It doesn’t always come out as I hope.

• TopShelf2010
    10,881 Posts
    Fri, Aug 2 2019 11:37 AM

• Miantiao
    401 Posts
    Fri, Aug 2 2019 1:19 PM

el3n1:
    You might consider researching and learning some green reading techniques,

My method:

Work out the distance you need to hit, then survey the line using both putt and chip mode from behind and in front of the ball.

After you have done this, you need to visualise the speed the ball will travel over the distance to the hole at the distance hit ie: how long it will take your putt to roll 1-2ft past the hole.

A 20 ft putt downhill 8 inches on a 13s green you'll only need to hit around 7-7.5 ft, whereas the same putt on a 7s green you'll need to hit about 17 ft.

That's a big difference for the amount of time the ball will travel over the same distance of 20ft.

Importantly the more time a putt takes to roll over a given distance then the more it will break and vice versa.

So, once you've got the math sorted it is only a matter of, and I'll quote Chevy Chase here, being the ball.

Be the ball  ;-)

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Fri, Aug 2 2019 3:08 PM

TopShelf2010:

Thanks for the continued feedback.

Don

Putter is sold back..that was an adventure..lol

Wedges..I like the slow meter, and play ok.

• flatstick96
    208 Posts
    Fri, Aug 2 2019 3:16 PM

When I played against you, every approach shot was within 6 inches of the hole.  Why do you even need a putter?  ;-)

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Fri, Aug 2 2019 3:32 PM

flatstick96:

When I played against you, every approach shot was within 6 inches of the hole.  Why do you even need a putter?  ;-)

Technology trained me well, gotta keep up..not always a good thing.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Sep 10 2019 12:29 PM

DoctorLarry:

I just got the Level 98 putter but have not played much with it, so no informed opinion really.  I'm no worse (yet) so that's good! 

It does have much better specs than the L94 Red Spider I have been using and somewhat better specs

Just did the same thing about an hour ago.  Nothing wrong with the L94 spider  but just felt too many putts I've missed were from missing ding (when missed not on purpose).

Hoping the added forgiveness and balance will sink more of those I read correctly but finger fart miss.  ;-)

RSS