Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Chipping&Pitching

rated by 0 users
Wed, Nov 4 2009 7:06 PM (4 replies)
  • GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Sat, Oct 31 2009 12:32 PM

If you get in the rough alot like I do you might be having trouble getting the ball close to the hole when chipping and pitching or even the amazing flop shot.I have found a great club that has really helped with this problem.It has helped with being able to stop the ball instead of the ball rolling out an extra 20 or 30 ft. past the hole.Sometimes all the way off the green even  when I think I am hitting the ball to what I have calculated mathmaticly.I invested in the Taylor Made 56 degree wedge.This club helped me with almost all of my short game around the green.I still have to hit the meter correctly which is true with all of the other shots as well.It really helped me out so I just thought I would pass that along. 

Good luck,

Larry

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Tue, Nov 3 2009 1:35 PM

Which clubs were you having your problems with, that you swapped-out?

My G10 wedges that came with the Ping Pro set seem to work OK. Just wondering how much better these TM's are?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Nov 3 2009 2:27 PM

Larry-Congrats on discovering the Satins. Can you imagine how it would be to carry 4 of them? All with top spin ratings? I'll testify because I've done that for a long time (swap out 1 for a hb at BPB) and I'm seeing a lot more golfers doing the same. 

Now, try this with your new wedge. Lay up to the yardage of the club and watch what you can do with it. Instead of hitting and reacting, plan the hit. GL

YJ

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Wed, Nov 4 2009 6:46 PM

YankeeJim:
    Instead of hitting and reacting, plan the hit.

Now thats sounds like some sound advice YJ. Yeah, I have already planned on getting the other one(i got 3 now) .I played with one guy and he was showing me what to do and he told me the same thing.Hit it to a certain yardage to make sure that I have my favorite club in my hand as much as possible.I have been working with the chipping ,pitching,etc,etc...Also I've been working on watching everything around me.I was playing so fast trying to move up in tiers.I always felt that was no game to diffucult for me.WGT has really captured a REAL EFFECT so to speak if we are willing to use our imagination along with it...Then Yankee Jim, the possibilities will truly be endless!

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Wed, Nov 4 2009 7:06 PM

PugsAce:

Which clubs were you having your problems with, that you swapped-out?

It's never the arrow it is always the indian.I wasn't really having problems with the clubs persay.I just wanted to buy some so I didn't have to work to hard with all that practicing.LOL...I figured that if I bought some goods ones they would do most of the work for me.

But that just caused more training with the new clubs.But it also brought about a part of the game that I hadn't yet experinced.After I bought the cubs I figured I could kick off my shoes and stay awhile.I slowed way down for now.But to answer your question,yes they are alot better to me.Get you a set and you'll see.Don't tell nobody but when you lay back just a little you can setup the next shot so that it doesn't set you up,And the satins just have a distinct sound when the ball makes contact with the green It's cool.Real cool because the blall don't just keep on going after you hit the shot right.It stopped alot of that.It did indeed.

Thanks Pugs Ace,

Larry

RSS