Forums

Help › Forums

Re: My first anniversary at WGT

Tue, Oct 27 2009 6:46 AM (8 replies)
  • seveking
    983 Posts
    Sat, Oct 24 2009 12:00 PM

Hi, all: today, 24th of October, one year has gone pat ince I joined this website. And it that year I´ve noticed plenty of things, and one of them is that there are lots of posts demanding new updates or criticising WGT staff, but very seldom do you see a post dedicated entirely to congratulate everyone on this site. So I wanted to post one:)

In this year, the website has grown incredibly. When I joined, the prizes you got for winning tournaments were laughable compared to what you can get now, and only British, American, German and Canadian people could participate in them. The pro shop, of course, didn´t exist. And neither did the Community Organised Tournaments section.  That section has been very important for me, partly because, as I said, for the first few months that I was here, it was the only sort of tournament that I could take part in. I am proud to say that I played in the first ever Community Organised Tournament (organised by Slor) which had only fourteen players in it.  That was in December and, after Christmas, Nivlac and I sort of jointly organised the January tournament (though he did more than me, I must admit) and then Niv took over completely. For the first few months, Nivlac´s were the only tournaments available, and, if I remember rightly, he managed to reach 100 signups for one of them, which is something that, with the alarming number of tournaments going on at the moment, I think will never be repeated.

In April, I organised my first tournament, the European Tournament, and in May my major project at WGT, the Ryder Cup, started.  I also took part in the NAC, and came in second place, with the International Team.

There are many more good things that have happenned to me here, but I fear that this post is already too long and nobody will bother to read it if it gets much longer, so I would just like to say thank you to WGT for making this wonderful website possible. Of course people complain about things, but most of them do it to try improve the site, and they love this game almost as much as I do.

Also, thank you to my 65 friends and to the people who have made possible the Communtity Organised Tournaments section and to those who have participated in the Ryder Cup in any way.

I hope to be here next year, posting another long and boring message with lots more things that I have enjoyed :)

• gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Sat, Oct 24 2009 12:29 PM

Thanks to you, seve, for the awesome Ryder Cup, which has brought excitement to the WGT community; as well as for your presence as a respectful peson with great character. You are well-liked by many WGTers, and I'm not sure what we would have done without you. Thank you.

• bobmarokk
    21 Posts
    Sat, Oct 24 2009 12:31 PM

Very true Seve!!  Congrats on your anniversary :-)

And I still remember our team double MP! organized by nivlac,!  wich was very fun despite my horrible putt ,, LOL.

Good luck in the years to follow!  :-)

bobmarokk!!

• STUDIOSHD
    180 Posts
    Sat, Oct 24 2009 1:55 PM

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Mon, Oct 26 2009 10:40 AM

Happy 1-year anniversary :)

1,644 Posts
    Mon, Oct 26 2009 11:02 AM

Happy anniversary!  Just noticed it was my 1 year yesterday! 

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Oct 26 2009 1:08 PM

Happy anniversary!  Just noticed it was my 1 year yesterday! 

Yea.. but a Canadian year needs to be converted, right?  Just like the money?  So, you've actually been here for 1.06 years? 

(Congratulations to you both..  Enjoy!)

1,644 Posts
    Tue, Oct 27 2009 6:00 AM

Well if you really want to get into it, you need to take into account that we only use a 20 hour clock, so that needs to be converted too.....  Lets see, that turns out to be..... have my calculator around here somewhere....

(If you're Canadian and you don't get this... Google "Rick Mercer talking to Americans")

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Tue, Oct 27 2009 6:46 AM

Thank you all and congrats to Lee!

RSS