Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Match Play Sportsmanship

rated by 0 users
Wed, Oct 21 2009 1:43 PM (3 replies)
  • ckiniry
    16 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2009 8:49 AM

After having played a few match play matches I find that most players at WTG are very gentlemanly and mostly good sports. i enjoy playing this format and have a lot of fun and meet a lot of good people.

I have been in matches where your opponent  just stops playing because they are doing poorly,  leaving it up to you to forfeit the match. I don't bring this up to complain, because the people who do this don't care. I bring it up here because we need to repair this to penalize these poor sports. I suggest that if a party disconnects that they have 2 minutes to reconnect or they forfeit with the ability to continue the match at the aggrieved players discretion.

Also if a person remains connected and just refuses to play they should be given one warning and then they lose. Many of us don't have time to wait for others inconsiderate behavior. 

Thank you, any replies would be welcomed.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2009 10:46 AM

ckiniry:
    After having played a few match play matches I find that most players at WTG are very gentlemanly and mostly good sports. i enjoy playing this format and have a lot of fun and meet a lot of good people.

I agree completely... there are a lot of good people here and most games are tremendously fun and well played.

And yes, the opposite is true as well.. there are a number of people who will try their very best to ruin the experience for you.  This is why a good number of us (over 300 at last count) have signed onto the Ladder site.  I have found that due to the structure and nature of these ladders, almost all of the participants finish games with good sportsman conduct and the virtual hearty handshake.  Granted there are a few bad apples that seem to get into the system, but they are found and weeded out fairly quickly.

I hope to see you there. 

• xcaliburone
    38 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2009 11:08 AM

if one is doing poorly please have the courtesy to forfeit when you leave. dislike being in "jail" for 10 minutes to avoid my own forfeit, especially being up in the match.

i play on the ladder, just like to mix it up on the wgt site when there may not be a ladder match readily available

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2009 1:43 PM

I guess that explains one thing to me.I'm sitting there trying to jion a game and can't so I then try to create a game...OK...So far so good...When the computer finds me an opponent...They immediately decline...It could also be the difference in skill level..(amt..and proud of it).Just wanted to let y'all know I'm not a quiter no matter how bad I'm doing.I'm shooting around par...Only been playing for 4 days..really like the site...so if you see me..just remember...Lets GETRDONE!!! lol..

RSS