Forums

Help › Forums

Re: An air swing at Kiawah # 7

Thu, Oct 15 2009 5:48 PM (4 replies)
  • igiveup
    110 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2009 3:02 PM

I had made an air swing in Kiawah # 7. I was on mulch and the ball didn't move... well I had several air swings... trying to move the ball

The lie is in the mulch just right of the green. There is a replay on My Profile, but I don't know how to post it here.

I hope the bug can be fixed

P.S. I  tried  pitching, chipping full shots and then the driver... it didn't budge...lol

• JTxpress
    411 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2009 3:41 PM

lol, stay out of the wood chips.....they are deadly :-)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2009 4:06 PM

I had the same problem in the bunker to the left of the landing area on Kia#9.  I don't know if it was because I was at the base of the slope or what but took 2 swings and the ball never moved. I got out with a wedge so I'm thinking the actual lie was in the side of the bunker and no long iron was going to get out of there.

You would think the ball would at least move, but it didn't.

YJ

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2009 4:16 PM

igiveup:
    I was on mulch and the ball didn't move...

Again, as in other thread... search "Mulch" and you will see that this is a common problem.

Some find "Punch" shots to be the only way to move the ball... (Well, a good stiff "foot wedge" would work, too, but since this is not real.....)

• DuffyWaldorf
    286 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2009 5:48 PM

looks like your downswing hits the tree causing you to miss in front of the ball

RSS