Forums

Help › Forums

Re: St Andrews Challenge 4

rated by 0 users
Fri, Oct 9 2009 1:13 PM (4 replies)
  • TallAcePaul
    1,455 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2009 4:47 AM

Has anyone worked out how to hold the ball on the green on this shot with the wind blowing from behind. Its driving me nuts.

• molideha
    213 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2009 5:40 AM

full back spin, ES ball, land the ball as close to the pin as possible...MUST ding it...will stop about 20' behind the pin with a tail wind.

the tendency is to think with a tail wind you should land short of a pin and let it release to the hole...but on this hole the green slope will kick the ball hard to the hole and never stop rolling....so no matter what the wind, carry the ball to a few feet short of the pin on this hole.

i also was able to land the ball on the mound in the rough and have it bounce 3 times and barely roll on with a tail wind, but this shot is nearly impossible to hit consistently.

gl

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2009 7:04 AM

Use the punch shot. My 7i rolls to about 10ft after landing short and running up. Full b/s, 3/4 power, or so-experiment. The key is to land b4 the green, not on it. Punching a shot allows for roll after landing, wind nothwithstanding. The wind will affect the distance, though.

YJ

p.s., I saved a replay of this shot but it wasn't the 10 ft one.

• molideha
    213 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2009 8:11 AM

St. Andrews #4 14mph tail wind to 3 feet

the 1st bounce determines if it will work..like i said, its unpredictable

gl

• molideha
    213 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2009 1:13 PM

4 genie wishes, 4 lucky horse shoes, and 1 act of god...thats all it took.

once thought impossible

RSS