Forums

Help › Forums

Re: How does one choose or be asked to join the right club for them

Mon, Jul 4 2011 9:35 AM (3 replies)
  • TonyTurbo78
    340 Posts
    Mon, Jul 4 2011 5:42 AM

I just dont know what to do.  I've been playing maybe 5 or 6 hours a day these last two weeks after returning to this great game since joining back in 08.  I've managed to go from hack to possibly on the verge of Master and real keen to join a great club.  Which one I have no idea though.  How does one choose a club or get invited to the right one?  I've had a couple invitations from a few members but they've not got back to me when I've tried to join.  Can anyone help or suggest a club that might suit my ability.

Thanks

Tony

• suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Mon, Jul 4 2011 6:06 AM

It really comes down to what you are looking for in a club.

Smaller club  low membership but active players , larger club with 200+ members or a very top of the line club.

If you are an active tournament player , A lot of clubs will be happy to have you. 

http://www.wgt.com/clubs/

The link above only shows the top 50 CC on WGT. some clubs have hidden there request to join option as getting requests during shots can course issues for the owners. Click on the club (hit request to join) if you see the button to join.

There are also a large amount of clubs what are not on the list. CC corner in the forums is where owners advertise looking for members can click on there profile & click on there CC & request membership that way. You don`t need to right on owners walls. Try a few clubs out see what you like

• 1goodgolfer
    221 Posts
    Mon, Jul 4 2011 8:58 AM

Tony

If you you are looking for an active club  that applies no pressure to participate in club events look at our club "No Pressure Golf Association" (we do require that members stay somewhat active on WGT). We have great people, great variety of tournaments and no pressure.  Play when YOU want too not when the club wants or needs you to play. Our club is not for everybody and we are filling up fast, only 10 or so memberships left.  Feel free to read my blog and take a look at our club. Due to being nearly full (100 members) we no longer accept "HACKS". We may not be the best, funnest or most organized club on WGT, but we are having a blast.

Thanks

1goodgolfer

No Pressure Golf Association

• ahsiab
    40 Posts
    Mon, Jul 4 2011 9:35 AM

1goodgolfer:

Tony

If you you are looking for an active club  that applies no pressure to participate in club events look at our club "No Pressure Golf Association" (we do require that members stay somewhat active on WGT). We have great people, great variety of tournaments and no pressure.  Play when YOU want too not when the club wants or needs you to play. Our club is not for everybody and we are filling up fast, only 10 or so memberships left.  Feel free to read my blog and take a look at our club. Due to being nearly full (100 members) we no longer accept "HACKS". We may not be the best, funnest or most organized club on WGT, but we are having a blast.

Thanks

1goodgolfer

No Pressure Golf Association

This is a very enjoyable CC! The members are great and there's "NO PRESSURE"

RSS