Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Calling all UK Clubs

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 1 2011 10:29 AM (4 replies)
  • AndyAEllis
    1,761 Posts
    Thu, Jun 30 2011 11:52 AM

I'm totally underwhelmed by the idea that two people from US clubs sit in judgement on my players, while they decide if we're good enough to play in their club tournament.

So, how about a UK Clubs inter clubs tournament? anyone up for this?

Andy

• ikechukwu
    2 Posts
    Thu, Jun 30 2011 3:07 PM

can i join ur country club plz

• thewonderstuff
    1,436 Posts
    Thu, Jun 30 2011 4:00 PM

hi andy

what tournament are you talking about which you might`nt be allowed to take part in??

tws

• AndyAEllis
    1,761 Posts
    Fri, Jul 1 2011 2:23 AM

Hi,

The much advertised inter-club league. You have to complete an application form giving details of team members, which is then 'judged' by two members from US clubs. There's a maximum of 32 clubs allowed to take part, with preference given to those who have previously taken part.

• jimbean346
    3,006 Posts
    Fri, Jul 1 2011 10:29 AM

Andy; if you're talking about Slor's Country Club League (which I assume you are given the details provided), you'll find that Slor is British (the person organising the event - member of English Lakes CC; only British players included bar one person), Kam4122 is British (also a member of ELCC) and DoctorTom who is also yep........ British (member of the Yellow Brick Road CC - also owned by someone who is British).

I think that's about as far away you can get as being "judged" by people from the US. Trust me, Slor will do everything to include any CC's who want to sign-up for the tournament. There will inevitably be teams who do not come back following last season, and I'm sure if there is sufficient demand, he will simply add in further divisions where your CC will be placed to ensure even competition throughout the event.

If you're talking about another CC League, then ignore everything I've just written lol 

RSS