Forums

Help › Forums

Re: updating clubs

rated by 0 users
Sun, Oct 4 2009 8:10 PM (7 replies)
  • bucknut68
    84 Posts
    Sat, Oct 3 2009 6:29 PM

I would appreciate some advice. Have been playing for a little over a month and made pro tier with starter clubs. Am having trouble sticking approach shots close. When did anyone feel the need to upgrade. Thanks for any input, love the game.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Oct 3 2009 7:00 PM

Buck-Upgrades depend on how "into" this you want to get and just the comment about sticking greens leads me to believe you're not going to be happy until you can. Therefore, your time is probably now. Some guys never upgrade and play quite well. Others can't get enough. In your case I'll bet 1 or 2 wedges would solve your sticking problem and maybe a driver to get you to where you can use them effectively. The Redwood putter is killer if yours doesn't fit the bill. You'll see what I mean when you start sticking shots.

Spin ratings on the clubs are important if you want to control the ball, the higher ones coming at the cost of the slow meter. The satin wedges are incredibly accurate but not too forgiving. There's a super reference put out by one of WGT's best. Search the forum for "club comparison."

This is a terrific game and only gets better as you upgrade, IMO. Start slow and you won't waste money trying clubs you don't know about. Look at what your opp has in his bag when you play-you'll learn a lot.

YJ

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2009 5:42 AM

Here is the LINK.

• bucknut68
    84 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2009 4:51 PM

Thanks for your input, very helpful, even coming from a Yankees fan. Hopefully see you on the course sometime.

• bucknut68
    84 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2009 4:52 PM

Thanks. Great reference.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2009 5:08 PM

bucknut68:
    Thanks for your input, very helpful, even coming from a Yankees fan.
    Yea... even though he IS a yankee fan, he still plays golf, so he can't be all that bad...  unless of course he's a Jets fan, too.. /shiver.

Then there's no hope at all.

(lol)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2009 6:25 PM

Oh, puh-leeze-a Jets fan?           Why root for a team that has a prayer when you can root for the only football team that actually plays in NY and sucks at it like the Bills?

Thank God for the Yankees............

YJ

• bucknut68
    84 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2009 8:10 PM

GO TIGERS

RSS