Forums

Help › Forums

Re: need advice...

rated by 0 users
Sat, Oct 10 2009 3:39 PM (8 replies)
  • molideha
    213 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 5:47 PM

should i use a backhoe or dynamite to get the ball out of this bunker?...and is it even a bunker or an abandoned open pit mine?

and what club should i drop from my bag so i can carry a 14' extension ladder should i ever go in again (i twisted an ankle and sprained a knee just getting down to the ball)?

thx in advance

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 5:55 PM

Well, first off, I don't think you should be wearing white shoes in such a mucky, dirty bunker.  And the white shirt's gonna get soiled from the sand you splash up during the descending blow you deliver  with your sand wedge to a spot just behind the ball.

1,644 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 5:56 PM

First off... there are steps built into all the bunkers (even this one) so no need to hurt yourself!!  And in this case you pretty much have to take your medicine and hit your highest lofted club, and you may even need to go a little laterally to the left to get back in the fairway..... but my best piece of advice.... don't go there again. Period.

Have fun!

*edit* ninja'd by the fancy coffee dude

• DuffyWaldorf
    286 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 6:29 PM

yeah...definetely dont go in there again

if you do...maybe bring a bucket and shovel and build a castle or  a mermaid

happy golfing

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 6:35 AM

Just how long were you in that bunker moldeha?

• eternalspirit
    255 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 7:21 AM

i think the shovel is the right idea.. look what he found!! how many credits for that find

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 7:42 AM

Nice!  Literally an archeological dig. Tyranosaurus Rex?  Thinking one might find a Bobby Jones niblick in there too!

• TarheelsRule
    5,480 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 12:22 PM

This bunker is a very interesting one.  I have never been in it (in real golf) but several members of the groups I have played with have.  All the bunkers at Kiawah are pretty much firm sand, they are carved out of the dunes, haven't seen a T-Rex in one before but you can get great spin on the ball hitting out of them from greenside and really a shot out of the fairway bunkers play like a shot off the fairway.  The only issue is that sometimes, like in this case it is hard to hit more than a wedge out of them, similar to some of the traps in Scotland.  My suggestion to you is not hit it in them anymore.

• coolhotfun
    229 Posts
    Sat, Oct 10 2009 3:39 PM

to get out of that steep bunker would be called a flop shot, son.

RSS