Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Par 3 Tee off

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jun 12 2011 1:36 PM (4 replies)
  • Hoschi0913
    9 Posts
    Sun, Jun 12 2011 9:55 AM

iam on the Tee on a Par 3 ,give some backspin ,choose the right club for the distance ,dont adjust to the wind and hit the "zero" on the down swing,now how can it be that the ball goes either way to the left or the right ,right away after hitting the ball? without me giving any huck or slice to it ?

does someone has an idea why it is ??

thanks

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sun, Jun 12 2011 11:08 AM

Hi

Some shots could have 'natural' deviations. There is no shot what will fly perfectly straight even if wind = 0 and you ding. Best clubs, usually have circle of precision nof 10-12ft, which means it will deviiate 10ft to each side from a specific spot.

-wgticon

• Joshjrn
    93 Posts
    Sun, Jun 12 2011 12:27 PM

Best clubs, usually have circle of precision nof 10-12ft, which means it will deviiate 10ft to each side from a specific spot.

I didn't realize that the circle was that big for the high end clubs. Good to know.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Sun, Jun 12 2011 12:36 PM

WGTicon:

Best clubs, usually have circle of precision nof 10-12ft, which means it will deviiate 10ft to each side from a specific spot.

Is that 10-12 feet at the max distance the club can hit? In other words a club that can hit 100 yards may be 12 feet out when it lands and one that hits 200 can also be 12 out on landing?  If it's at a set distance from point of hitting then longer clubs are going to be potentially more off line by the time they get where they're going. Or supposed to be going anyway.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sun, Jun 12 2011 1:36 PM

MainzMan:

WGTicon:

Is that 10-12 feet at the max distance the club can hit? In other words a club that can hit 100 yards may be 12 feet out when it lands and one that hits 200 can also be 12 out on landing?  If it's at a set distance from point of hitting then longer clubs are going to be potentially more off line by the time they get where they're going. Or supposed to be going anyway.

I see what you're saying. I am not sure what the set distance from which these count. But, my personal view is the longer the club you hit the bigger the circle becomes. I have hit some shots from 200+ inside 3ft and I have hit some shots from 100 to 20ft with both being dings. It all depends on many factors that affect the shot. The circle of precision, coupled with other elements like elevation, distance, spin, wind, etc doesn't play as large of an effect as one may think

-wgticon

RSS