Forums

Help › Forums

Re: The New Fringe

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 10 2011 7:54 AM (9 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jun 8 2011 6:10 AM

It looks like WGT fixed the fringe flaw. If this putt was hit for 8 feet of power yesterday it would have traveled about an inch.

This is what it does today!  (1 move on the 15 foot scale with the Ghost.)  

Very nice fix, WGT. 

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Wed, Jun 8 2011 6:19 AM

I even chipped in from fringe with first go with new wedge on first stroke play game in weeks.

Ohh i've had perfect timing of my internet connection in my new house, THE DAY ST GEORGE IS HERE...PERFECT

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Jun 8 2011 6:53 AM

chrisironsbones:

Ohh i've had perfect timing of my internet connection in my new house, THE DAY ST GEORGE IS HERE...PERFECT

LOL Welcome back

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Wed, Jun 8 2011 6:57 AM

I love Royal St G. Its awsome, but the only negative is every damn shot i take, whatever the camera angle, i seem to have the power plant in the background LOL.

I LOVE the craters aswell, v.tricky in parts & the greens that if you land in wrong place ball will roll off.

• sixkiller
    1,147 Posts
    Wed, Jun 8 2011 8:26 AM

GREAT news!!. Now I'm going to have to learn to put from the fringe. lol

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Wed, Jun 8 2011 11:47 AM

This change was made in response to a lot of player feedback, I hope you enjoy learning the nuances.  Here is the offical post:

Improved Fringe

One of the top player requests has been to improve the performance and consistency of the fringe around the greens, which we’ve just done, so the fringe on all courses now plays more accurately.

This means you can more easily chip and putt from the fringe, and your approach shots will more easily roll through the fringe as well. It may take a little adjustment but it should be a more realistic experience. Please let us know what you think.

• DarSum
    1,440 Posts
    Wed, Jun 8 2011 10:30 PM

Awesome.

• gr8flbob
    592 Posts
    Fri, Jun 10 2011 12:25 AM

DarSum:

Awesome.

Hear hear!

I joined up in early 2009, but the frustrations of dealing with issues like velcro fringe put me off so much I gave it up for a year. I returned to WGT seriously a year later and just learned to to deal with the quirks via 'work-arounds' like chipping any time I was on the fringe.

It certainly took long enough to fix this really basic issue, but thanks WGT for finally responding to your users complaints.

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Fri, Jun 10 2011 5:42 AM

I never had to much trouble with the fringe until recently,  like putting out of a mud hole.  Glad they fixed it

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jun 10 2011 7:54 AM

Interestingly enough, now that the fringe is actually in play, it gives you several new shots to play. Chipping and pitching to land on the fringe and go from there is very much a benefit. This 64w chip actually bounced twice on the fringe.

RSS