Forums

Help › Forums

Re: New idea for short putts

rated by 0 users
Tue, May 31 2011 8:20 PM (6 replies)
  • borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Mon, May 30 2011 6:27 PM

I have been struggling so much with my putting lately, especially the shorter ones from 6 to 10 feet that I was willing to try anything to putt better. I know there are a few people who line up their putts using the zoom in feature in the flash menu. Tonight on most medium to short putts I have actually been putting using the zoom in  feature. On most longer putts with the zoom in feature the meter is not visible and the swing cursor is not on the screen. But with the medium to short putts the meter and swing cursor are visible and it seems to make putting a little easier. Or maybe it's just because it's not something you would normally do that I pay more attention to the meter making it a little easier to ding.

I tried it for drives as well but it is too hard to time the meter to make it worthwhile to use anywhere but the greens.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Mon, May 30 2011 9:27 PM

I used to spend ages working out the angle and the exact speed needed but often the ball would just trickle across the front of the hole or stop 0.2 feet away. Often all that is needed is to hit it harder, especially on Kiawah. It sounds obvious but as long as you're sure of hitting the centre of the hole or thereabouts, it won't miss.

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Tue, May 31 2011 2:46 AM

piztaker:

I used to spend ages working out the angle and the exact speed needed but often the ball would just trickle across the front of the hole or stop 0.2 feet away. Often all that is needed is to hit it harder, especially on Kiawah. It sounds obvious but as long as you're sure of hitting the centre of the hole or thereabouts, it won't miss.

Never up, never in. 

• TarheelsRule
    5,492 Posts
    Tue, May 31 2011 7:36 AM

TLD is right.

I notice a lot of players, on WGT and in real golf do the same thing with putts and approach shots.

If you have a 150 yard shot into the green, it doesn't matter being 3 yards short or long, there is no different, unless of course there is a slope, etc. yet everyone seems to thing it is a bad thing to be long.  A 15 foot putt going 2 foot by is better than stopping 2 inches short in my opinion.

• ThreeSpot
    476 Posts
    Tue, May 31 2011 9:13 AM

borntobesting:

I have been struggling so much with my putting lately, especially the shorter ones from 6 to 10 feet that I was willing to try anything to putt better.

Me too. When the Callaway balls came out, I dropped my Daytona and switched to my Redwood, thinking I could handle the faster meter with the extra feel balls. It worked quite nicely for a while, but lately I've had a very hard time getting close enough to the ding to consistently make these 6-10 footers. So I switched back to the Daytona yesterday and so far it has helped a lot.

• bowiggles
    6 Posts
    Tue, May 31 2011 1:31 PM

I watch the lessons but i have a swing meter that says ez swing and I cant figure it out. Its not like the one on the tutorial. How do I get the swing meter like on the tutorial

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Tue, May 31 2011 8:20 PM

bowiggles:

I watch the lessons but i have a swing meter that says ez swing and I cant figure it out. Its not like the one on the tutorial. How do I get the swing meter like on the tutorial

You need to change your clubs. If you're unsure how go to the section marked How to Equip Your Bag over there>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

RSS