Forums

Help › Forums

Re: newbie in Japan

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 21 2009 1:04 AM (6 replies)
  • gaijindrifter
    1 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2009 6:37 AM

I just started playing WGT from Japan. I'd like to get some friends here and play some tourneys as I get quickly addicted to anything related to golf!!

• boozybob
    19 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2009 1:08 PM

welcome my friend, and may you never, ever, be the same.......

• edchavez
    488 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2009 1:20 PM

Welcome

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2009 5:51 PM

Welcome gaijindrifter.  I am sure, if you like golf as much as I do, you will love this site. And although you can buy upgraded virtual equipment right away, my advise is to give your free equipment a chance and learn how it is used.  That will help you decide if and when its time to upgrade and what equipment you want to try.  But you can do some amazing things with those starter clubs if you give them a chance.  Depending on how competitive you are, you will know what to do when the time comes.

As for me, although I upgraded all my clubs last June, I will still use the WGT starter irons on occasion.  I have also had success using the 60ft scale for all of my putts...it was like getting a free upgrade when I figured that out (wink). 

Its good to have your computer set up properly, but I am not one to give advise on that...but I have had success simply by switching browsers.  Also, there are a lot of good guys and gals that are happy to give advice so post your questions whenever you need help. 

Joey

PS: Of course all this depends on what you want out of this game and how far you want to go. Also, you will begin to notice players that are doing some pretty amazing things and posting some pretty amazing scores...Don't get discouraged, keep in mind most of them have been playing the game for a long time...you'll get there.
  • spitz201
    46 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2009 8:24 PM

noobcake

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2009 8:40 PM

spitz201:

noobcake

From someone that has been here 2 weeks, that's almost funny.

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Mon, Sep 21 2009 1:04 AM

noobcake

Remember there are old guys out here...English please (smile).

RSS