Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Power Meter

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jun 21 2009 9:43 AM (7 replies)
  • Weirsy
    84 Posts
    Sun, Dec 14 2008 11:13 AM

I like the idea of having an area beyond the current full swing for some extra power. With a risk / reward of course. As you go past normal swing, the power returns more quickly into a smaller perfect swing area. 

• scoresby
    158 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2009 7:07 PM

I brought this over from another thread about pin placements.

LitigateThis:
    In addition, I'd like to add another voice behind having an "additional power" bar that would allow for potentially longer shots.  This additional power could be offset by making the accuracy of the shots more sensitive to shots that miss the accuracy bar at the bottom of the swing.
    Reminds me of Mean 18.  In Accolade's game from the mid 80's, the swing bar had a yellow zone which was beyond optimum swing power. 

It was easy to stop at 100%, +/-  a tolerance factor, for a controlled and accurate swing, but a player had the option to let the swing indicator go beyond optimum for faster clubhead speed, which resulted in greater yardage and greater potential for an errant shot.

As I recall, the vertical stripe, as in WGT, was actually two stripes which would begin some distance apart at the start of the swing.  As the power was increased, those two stripes would move toward each other until they became one.

At optimum swing power, there would be a small gap between them - the strike zone.

At max power, there would be a single line.

Cheers,

• gonzodvz
    1 Posts
    Sun, Jun 14 2009 5:17 PM

The old Links game had this feature and it made the game better.  It really made for a tough decision to swing for the fences or lay it up.  I hope this makes it into the game in the future.  

• Weirsy
    84 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2009 8:49 PM

Copy from a previous post

5) The sweet spot, the line, whatever ...should also be variable. It should get slightly bigger as you get better.  Not by your status, but by actual swing statistics, and a driving range would help in this aspect. As you consistently hit the line or near, the line should gradually increase or decrease. I'm not talking about a sweet spot an inch long here, but maybe to a defined max. Also, upgraded clubs should give you a slightly bigger sweet spot.

6) How I'd like to see the swing meter.

|pro|ama|hac|                      |   dr   | |   fd   |

a) Tier defines swing speed range.

b) Sweet spot is variable depending on your consistency and upgraded club..... issue right now is the laggy meter

c) You should be able to move the sweet spot left or right depending on whether you want to draw or fade. Hit the sweet spot, get your desired shape.

• Bent1
    5 Posts
    Sat, Jun 20 2009 7:04 AM

I would also like to see a bigger sweet spot for the perfect spot... I miss a lot of putts because of the"line"u have to hit on the meter to get the correct path of the putt...there for my putts miss an inch left or right depending on how early/late I click...or may b I just need to learn how to hit perfect on every putt :)

• Vgolfmaster
    68 Posts
    Sat, Jun 20 2009 10:11 PM

I'd like to see some consideration given to the swing meter as well, but from a different aspect.

I have heard a lot of complaints about this, and have experienced it a lot in my limited time on here. There is a lot of 'skip' with the graphics on this site, including the swing meter. This makes it very difficult to score reasonably. At first I passed it off thinking it was players running stock/on board graphics, but I have started to realize this problem a lot more since I have been upgraded to 'pro', and I can guarantee you it is not a bandwidth or graphics problem on my end.

• traumaguru
    1 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2009 6:20 AM

i totally agree with the swing meter,,, also i thing if u pay money to buy new clubs the meter should not get faster, it should be a little slower than the free clubs, also i bought the wedges...which have no spin what so ever...if u shoot a 60 wedge that ball should spin...expecially if your pro status, o and one more thing lol i was just on the beth page qualifier...shot a 258 drive...my longest one yet and it didn't give it to me :(

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2009 9:43 AM

.. didn't give it to you....

did you finish the round??

You get no awards, stats, whatever, if you don't finish the round.

RSS