Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Joey's Top 10 List to qualify for the US Open

Tue, May 24 2011 8:19 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Thu, May 19 2011 2:23 AM

Must be able to hole right to left sliders from inside 20 feet.

• 3puttsSuk
    361 Posts
    Fri, May 20 2011 3:01 AM

Joeyola:

14. MUST convince myself that no matter how much I spend here, I'm actually saving by not driving to the course

If it would stop raining , I'd be on the course.  But this will do fine for now. 

GL Joey.

• Yappy22
    733 Posts
    Fri, May 20 2011 6:32 AM

Must play till 3 am.

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Fri, May 20 2011 7:09 AM

Joeyola:

Joey's personal list of the top 10 things I MUST accomplish in order to qualify for the US Open.  (So you know, I'm still working on number 2) 

1. MUST attain Legend status in order use the best balls
    2. MUST Level up in order to have the best equipment
    3. MUST have talent
    4. MUST have good hand eye coordination and reflexes
    5. MUST have a good understanding of this game
    6. MUST have a competitive edge or nature
    7. MUST have good instincts
    8. MUST have a working knowledge of computer systems
    9. MUST have the ability or willingness to spend whatever it takes  
    10. MUST waste a lot of time around here...in other words, the desire to play until my fingers bleed...to the point of needing therapy in order to get on with life. 

Joey

1) I got my 58 with standard Callaways (not legend) prefer extra durability, but legend status might help a bit because you are used to black tees any way,(but only on the old courses because Congress C C should be equal, as its new and every one has played it from same time scale)

8) Why would i need knowledge of computer systems? Are you making out people are hacking their cpu to get perfect meter, or what ever? 

10) I only play maybe 2/3 rounds a day. (but i did re-start open qualifier a few times until i was -2 by the 4th.)

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Fri, May 20 2011 1:05 PM

It is "my personal list" but here goes...

chrisironsbones:
    1) I got my 58 with standard Callaways (not legend) prefer extra durability

Congrats on that nice 58 by the way...but as a Legend, we have the choice of using any ball we like...non-Legends don't have that option.

chrisironsbones:
    2)...Are you making out people are hacking their cpu to get perfect meter, or what ever? 

I am only pointing out the advantage of having the resources needed to keep our computer system running smoothly...that alone, in my opinion, would solve most of the problems around here.

chrisironsbones:
    10)...

Just my little dig at how much time it takes to be competitive around here.

Joey

********************************************************************************************

15.  MUST be sure to talk to the greens keepers...because no matter how bad I play, I can always get tips on yard maintenance.

• faithful2thecall
    27 Posts
    Sat, May 21 2011 1:28 AM

Must pray for the apocalypse.

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Tue, May 24 2011 11:41 AM

16.  MUST understand that eraser does not work on computer golf

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, May 24 2011 1:47 PM

And most of all, don't be aware of the cut line or where you are in relationship to it. Keep the blinders on, play one shot at a time and just let it happen...predict nothing.

• bfghd
    1,344 Posts
    Tue, May 24 2011 8:19 PM

SweetiePie:

And most of all, don't be aware of the cut line or where you are in relationship to it. Keep the blinders on, play one shot at a time and just let it happen...predict nothing.

deffinately, play your best, and don't be aware of the others or the current cut line. You might try to force shots, and that never ends up good.  So just play your game.

• PAGES
RSS