Help › Forums

Re: For the love of Pete!

rated by 0 users
Sun, May 15 2011 1:25 PM (9 replies)
  • Hoggard68
    7 Posts
    Sat, May 14 2011 7:12 PM

Please speed up your gameplay!

Some players Ive been in stroke and alt rounds with this weekend are taking an entire 60 and 90 timer to hit the shot!

You should need no more than 35 seconds to check camera angles, wind, aim and shoot. I understand the occasional distraction but some of these people are taking forever on every shot. The best one was a guy with a 4 foot putt. Took 59 seconds to knock it 10 feet past the hole. These arent Hacks either. TP's who should have a good handle on what shot to hit.

I know this is ranting but it will make for a more enjoyable experience for all parties involved. Thanks to all the cool players I played with today. Had some great fun on CCC!

Hog~

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sat, May 14 2011 11:57 PM

Hi

I believe you can set the timer to 30 or 45 seconds as well. This should fix the problems?

-wgticon

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sun, May 15 2011 2:29 AM

It would be nice if the games defaulted to 60 seconds as I don't think many game starters alter the timing.

• PORKASAURUS
    55 Posts
    Sun, May 15 2011 3:59 AM

^^^^what he said.  make them change it to 90.   shouldnt even have that option anyway

• casperturk
    484 Posts
    Sun, May 15 2011 4:25 AM

WGTicon:

Hi

I believe you can set the timer to 30 or 45 seconds as well. This should fix the problems?

-wgticon

30 secs thats just like a crap shoot. Don't aim ,don't pick a club ,dont bother swinging.

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sun, May 15 2011 6:14 AM

Pete?

Pete Dye.......

• Hoggard68
    7 Posts
    Sun, May 15 2011 7:04 AM

SGTBilko:

Pete?

Pete Dye.......

Any Pete will do.

When i set up a game I alwyas use the 45 timer.

Keep em in the short grass!

Hog~

• Cleworthy
    3,466 Posts
    Sun, May 15 2011 7:58 AM

I have noticed that sometimes people are multi tasking.  There was one person who was gamb***g (horrors!) on-line while also playing in a match.  Personally, I like to listen to music (Radio Paradise) while playing.  This allows me to while away the time while waiting for someone to hit their shot.

• BustaSpliff
    417 Posts
    Sun, May 15 2011 10:18 AM

Dont forget with a 30 sec timer and the Meter issues  we have,at times its took me 4 times with the meter   being fooked up as always  30 secs or more take me shot.

Plus when ure timer runs out it carrys on again so whats the worth of haveing  a  timer in the 1st  place? that baffles me.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sun, May 15 2011 1:25 PM

Cleworthy:

I have noticed that sometimes people are multi tasking.  There was one person who was gamb***g (horrors!) on-line while also playing in a match.  Personally, I like to listen to music (Radio Paradise) while playing.  This allows me to while away the time while waiting for someone to hit their shot.

I get a lot of work done while playing. I specifically play A/S games or 4somes as it allows me to get alot of work done. I also get to listen music and watch golf feeds or whatever else.

To each his/her own. 90 seconds maybe long but most players don't take that long. There are options to set it for faster, so utilize them:)

-wgticon

RSS