Forums

Help › Forums

Re: baggers

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 11 2009 5:37 PM (9 replies)
  • showtime73
    114 Posts
    Thu, Sep 10 2009 7:24 PM

what does this mean,i bin a member 3 weaks and i think i'm gettin pretty good,just beat a few masters in a round and on the 18th they all quit and called me a sandbagger,i have more bogeys then birds and never quit,how is that sandbaggin?will someone let me no,cus maybe i'm doin sompthing wrong in the game, thank you-showtime73

• CapnJer
    1 Posts
    Thu, Sep 10 2009 7:51 PM

Dude I hear you...I have never quit a joined game, even when I went +6, yet so many others bail out at +1 or 2.  I enjoy competition with others, and wish the game would track the number of times people bail out.  Gottoa go watch Steelers game now, but hang in there and don't ever quit!

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Thu, Sep 10 2009 7:58 PM

Showtime,

From what I can see I would not call you a sandbagger (not posting good scores to stay in a higher tier).  Come join the Ladder (see my blog) if you quit you lose the match. Stick to your guns and you will find people that think and act like you.

Happy hitting

• showtime73
    114 Posts
    Thu, Sep 10 2009 8:50 PM

thank you soul,i don't even no what post it is,i have z wedges,what r the best?if u wanna tell?

• showtime73
    114 Posts
    Thu, Sep 10 2009 8:56 PM

thank you also,glad there is someone who feels my pain,don't quit and play on,the funny thing is if i would have quit they would have one,i was down 3 on the front 9,won by 3 on the back,lol

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Fri, Sep 11 2009 4:43 AM

Here is the link to the ladder site 

http://www.wgt.agls.org.uk/forums/main.php

Wedges seem to be very personal things, different strokes for different folks i guess. I carry two taylormade masters wedges and one 60 deg snake eyes wedge (there is a big yardage gap)

Hope this helps

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Fri, Sep 11 2009 5:36 AM

sounds like jealousy to me. lol

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Sep 11 2009 2:02 PM

wow... sounds like coolhotfun to me...

Showtime... a "Sand-bagger" is someone who intentionally records worse scores than what they are capable of shooting.  This makes them compete with players who are worse than they are so they have a better chance of winning.  For example, if you were able to shoot in the 60s everytime you played, but you told the people that run the tournament that you were a 70s shooter, they would put you with the 70s even though you shoot in the 60s.

It's a form of cheating.

Here on WGT, some people claim that golfers who shoot bad scores and then leave the game so they don't have to post bad scores are sand-baggers.  They are not.  They are protecting their averages for whatever reason, good or bad.

I hope this helps.  If you wish to join our little ladder games, see the link on SoulCatchers post above or on my profile page.  We all play the game all the way through because if someone leaves in the middle of the game, it's counted as a loss.

Besides, there are some really fun and funny people playing on the ladders...

Looking forward to seeing you over there!

Peace.

• wilducrest
    34 Posts
    Fri, Sep 11 2009 2:17 PM

I played a round with coolhotfun. Talked *** the entire time. Kept telling me how bad I sucked while I was beating him by 5+ strokes, then quit on the last hole. 

• edchavez
    488 Posts
    Fri, Sep 11 2009 5:37 PM

Dude

They are J.E.A.L.O.U.S.

RSS