Forums

Help › Forums

Re: quiters after few bad holes

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 11 2009 11:33 PM (5 replies)
  • arme
    31 Posts
    Fri, Sep 4 2009 8:54 AM

I just playes a master of 65 and he quit on me because he had 5 bad holes.  There should be a  rule that once you start a round you can not quit.  Shame on that master.

• longballknocker
    40 Posts
    Fri, Sep 4 2009 10:11 AM

If the percentages of finished games could be shown this could give challengers an insight into the chances of a finished game. A high percentage and a player could make a educated guess on the chance of finishing a game.

• n8dgr8
    1 Posts
    Fri, Sep 4 2009 12:21 PM

There are legitimate reasons for quitting mid round sometimes . . . but I'm with you generally. 

Problem is figuring out a way to track quitters accurately.  Let's say you are in a foursome and everyone else quits after 3 holes.  Do you now have to finish the round by yourself or be considered a "quitter" by the tracking mechanism?

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Fri, Sep 4 2009 12:32 PM

This is a very common thread here. If you use the search option ------> you can find lots of info on it. 

n8dgr8:

Problem is figuring out a way to track quitters accurately.  Let's say you are in a foursome and everyone else quits after 3 holes.  Do you now have to finish the round by yourself or be considered a "quitter" by the tracking mechanism?

I believe that n8dgr8 (are you really that great Nate? lol) may have found a wrinkle in one of the tracking options.

• cindythepitbull
    58 Posts
    Fri, Sep 11 2009 8:21 PM

longball, u just didnt finish a game with me, and ur talking insight into someone elses playability?ur an "gotta protect my average" quitter!! u were -1, with a fairway shot to the last green!

ps. just so u know, -1 for 9 holes=-2 for 18, so u could have actually lowered ur score with a birdie on the last hole, numbnuts!!!

• igiveup
    110 Posts
    Fri, Sep 11 2009 11:33 PM

what happens as I have encountered a number of times to the person who plays the round... and on the last green says ..." I'm not putting out"... it didn't cause me any grief.. so is this person a quitter for not finishing...

RSS