Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Default setup may be wrong

rated by 0 users
Fri, Apr 8 2011 10:41 AM (4 replies)
  • tomab
    519 Posts
    Fri, Apr 8 2011 6:00 AM

Tips: Always check club and aim before you shoot.

The default setup may in some cases be totally wrong.
     WGT sets up default club for you, and that is often a good choice. That means you may forget to look at the club after a while. But I have seen my player being equipped with wrong clubs, even wedge from tee. Here you normally just hit as far as you can and assumes you have the driver in hand. Then you have lost one stroke or maybe worse.

With putter too, always check the distance for the shot. Normally it is set ok, and then after a while you stop checking. Then suddenly you hits far too long. The distance was on 50 or 100 - you hit as it was on 25.

Therefore - always check club, meeter, distance and everything before you hit the ball. Do not trust the default setup.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Apr 8 2011 6:05 AM

Good habits to get into. Don't forget the aim. A lot of times it's not where you would expect it to be.

• sixkiller
    1,147 Posts
    Fri, Apr 8 2011 6:06 AM

NEVER TRUST YOUR WGT CADDIE... WORDS TO LIVE BY.

• MainchutedotCom
    2 Posts
    Fri, Apr 8 2011 8:14 AM

Yeah...........for sure.  When my ball is on the fringe, my meter read 150 ft. always.  I'm finally starting to get used to checking if that's where I'm at.

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Fri, Apr 8 2011 10:41 AM

It's not a bad idea to use the 150ft on the fringe actually,since the strength of the putt appears to be stronger than if you were on the lowest or most appropritate to the distance setting.This means the ball roll will cut through the fringe glue more easily,and requires a proportionately lower percentage over the top off the normal hit strength.But what do I know.

RSS