Forums

Help › Forums

Re: bying balls

rated by 0 users
Fri, Aug 14 2009 8:11 AM (4 replies)
  • bandit12
    1 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2009 5:55 AM

I\m new at this and  have a questin.  If i by a 3pac of new balls, do i lose them in the game? or is the supply endless as the original balls?

Thanks in advanse :-)

• scoresby
    158 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2009 6:31 AM

They will sink in the water, disappear in the brush, be captured if OB, and will wear out.  Worn out balls will be automatically replaced with a like ball if one is available.

Just guessing here as I've not kept accurate track, but it feels like the B-XDs I use are good for about 25 holes with putts not counted.

Cheers,

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2009 7:14 AM

For bandit12: simply read the FAQ – Balls.

Scoresby: I believe your calculation is way, way off! Unless you meant GI-D balls. A GI-D ball might last about 36 holes, I'd say, or even more.

BX-D balls are far more durable (despite only half a dot difference on the comparison chart). I'd say each BX-D ball probably lasts up to 100 holes or even more.

• scoresby
    158 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2009 7:49 AM

Faterson:

Scoresby: I believe your calculation is way, way off! Unless you meant GI-D balls. A GI-D ball might last about 36 holes, I'd say, or even more.

What calculation would that be; I made no stinking calculation.

However, I will concede that my guess was way off.

Currently counting strokes for the new ball.

*B-ES:  90 strokes till Red zone, 120 Strokes total

*49 holes consisting of 203 total strokes, 83 putts

Will get back to you shortly.

Cheers,

*edit* add B-ES durability #'s

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2009 8:11 AM

Pardon my diction!  

Still, I'd like to draw your attention to the following definition (admittedly secondary) of the word calculation:

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language:

calculation [...] 1.b. An estimate based on probabilities.

PS: Will be interesting to learn some specific figures for the 3 ball types.

RSS