Help › Forums

Re: Quitters

rated by 0 users
Tue, Aug 18 2009 6:55 AM (3 replies)
  • expiredloch
    362 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2009 2:56 PM

Hi to all,

I apologise in advance for what may be a much asked about subject but i´m new to the game. I have experienced numerous "quitters" many of whom obviously are disconnecting because theyre losing!! Am I losing out because of this? Im asked if i wish to carry on or concede the game!! Please advise. Many thanks.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2009 3:16 PM

Quitters.... Beating Dead Horse Smiley

First, there is no apology necessary.

WGTAdmin says they will look into ways of mitigating the Quitting issue.. and Faterson is sure to be along shortly with his 2,004th screed on the topic.

If you wish some light reading, enter "Quitters" into the search box and get a cold drink / cup of tea (your choice) and have a long night's read.

Good luck to you!

Peace

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2009 3:47 PM

There are numerous threads on this, ExpiredLoch. You may wish to regale yourself by reading, for example, this one: How to Handle Quitters.

Right in these moments, I'm in my first-ever 18-hole multiplayer 4-some on WGT.com. The first player quit on hole 5; the second player quit on hole 7. Just as I wanted to type, "The remaining 2 of us are moving ahead to hole 12", the only remaining fellow player quit, too. I'm at +2 over par with 7 holes left to go, but I'm not gonna play them; after all, this was supposed to be a multi-player game, and 7 holes are quite many to play on one's own.

While it has seemed next to impossible to successfully finish a 9-hole 4-some, I suppose finishing an 18-hole 4-some on WGT.com (with fellow players selected at random) is from the realm of sheer fantasy. It may well never happen, ever, to anyone. Accomplishing that might be a more difficult feat than winning the Diamond Award for most consecutive birdies (which is 18).

Let's hope WGT will think of something to deter quitters, indeed.  

• sabbath270
    231 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2009 6:55 AM

I thought it would never happen either, but the stars must have aligned yesterday, because I had a foursome on BPB back 9 go all the way. Not sure if I'm allowed to post names or not, but one of them was on my buddy list, and one was a hack (wow..) 

I would never have believed it!

Sooner I would see a sasquatch or nessy!

(edit: actually 2 are on my buddy list now, as I'm always happy to find more people that actually finish all their rounds)

RSS