Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Seveking announcing retirement

rated by 0 users
Tue, Mar 1 2011 2:31 PM (8 replies)
  • seveking
    983 Posts
    Mon, Feb 28 2011 10:05 AM

Well... this had to come some day. It may come as a shock to some of you but it is something that has been coming for some time now, and I´ve taken a lot of time to think about it before officially announcing my retirement from WGT.

I have to say I won´t be leaving just yet. It´s my last desire at WGT to organise one last Ryder Cup. I have a few things prepared for the 2011 edition and I want to put them into practise before leaving. When the Ryder finishes in the month of November I will be leaving the site.

For those wondering why I´m leaving the answer is very simple: the passion for this game has left me. After two years and a half here I suppose it was something to be expected. I´ll try to keep a little bit of passion going until November and I´ll make sure that this Ryder Cup is the best tournament that has ever been organised at WGT. Over the next few months I´ll try my best to say goodbye to everyone I´ve met here... although it will be difficult. As I say, there is still plenty of time for final goodbyes and speeches, so, for the meantime, see you on the course.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Mon, Feb 28 2011 10:19 AM

Seve, you will be missed very deeply sir. It has and always will be a pleasure to have your company and the things you have contributed here are priceless. I am saddened with your departure and I have the same feeling at times but continue to play some.

The Ryder Cup has and will be the biggest tournament of the year and you have done many great things here. It is appreciated for all of your contributions and fun sir.

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Mon, Feb 28 2011 1:46 PM

Seve,  I for one will miss you ... you've done a great job building the Ryder Cup as one of the biggest events in WGT ... bringing together all parts of the globe.  Even though I have never played (nor will I) .. I find it one of the most entertaining tournaments in WGT.   Besides that, it's been a pleasure to get to know you ... But my guess is you won't go away entirely ... you'll pop in once and a while to test new courses / features and of course just to say hi.   

In WGT the Spanish Flag is flying at 1/2 mast today ...  (if you look close you can see Villadeoro in the white hat at the base of the flagpole --- he's crying)

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Mon, Feb 28 2011 1:56 PM

Seve,

I wish ya luck in your endeavors. You interviewed me a while back and I was humbled to be included. Give those flamenco girls a break - we both know they work hard :)

-icon

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Mon, Feb 28 2011 1:57 PM

your not even going to try the opens this summer?? shame on you....just one more go!!

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Tue, Mar 1 2011 11:07 AM

Just to clarify, yes I am. I said above, I´m organising one last Ryder Cup and leaving in November.

• StrangeMagic
    1,304 Posts
    Tue, Mar 1 2011 11:17 AM

I'm sorry I wasn't able to get to know you.

Good luck Seve

• SiCk0
    205 Posts
    Tue, Mar 1 2011 11:30 AM

StrangeMagic:

I'm sorry I wasn't able to get to know you.

Good luck Seve

Same

• PRIESTESS
    10,705 Posts
    Tue, Mar 1 2011 2:31 PM

Sad to see such an influential wgt legend leave the big stage,Good Luck Seve, I wish you well,:)

RSS