Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Punishment?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 13 2009 10:35 AM (8 replies)
  • RedNecksniper
    10 Posts
    Tue, Aug 11 2009 12:04 AM

Why are we being punished for playing well? The master tee's are so fare away i cant reach the fareways anymore and i have the tour burners...  This sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Tue, Aug 11 2009 12:19 AM

Hi Redneck,

First of all you're not being punished for playing well - your being challenged to play even better.

To get to the Master tier is no mean feat in itself - so clearly you can play. Therefore playing from the master tiers should be looked at in a positive light, and taken on as a challenge. Once you get a few practice rounds in and get use to the new tee positions, then you'll start to bring you rating down again.

As for not being able to reach fairways ?? I'm in the Pro tier and can reach all bar 1 on BPB - so if I can do it, you certainly can. We are all in the same boat on that one.

I keep reiterating this - but as you get better, and your ratings fall, you climb the tier ladder -  and it gets more difficult as you get higher. Its a bit like mountain climbing - easy in the foothills, but wow its tough at the top.  :-)

So - there it is. Just my 2 bobs worth - and no I dont work for WGT. I just love the game and enjoy the challenge.

Happy hitting.

Cheers Doug

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Aug 11 2009 12:49 AM

I see you're still playing with the basic balls, RedNecksniper. If you buy those cheap colored balls for a few cents per 3-pack, this will help in increasing the distance of your drives and approach shots. For example, with the 2nd shot on BB hole 7, I usually reach green and get about 240 yds (with full back-spin) out of my 3W that is only supposed to go 220 yds or so. The combination of back-spin & upgraded balls does it.

• RedNecksniper
    10 Posts
    Tue, Aug 11 2009 6:57 PM

Well lesson up Dork.....I can reach some but not all and if i cant reach just 1 out of 9 with bought clubs there is a problem!!!!!!!!!!! It takes the fun out....So if im going to get punished for buying clubs and making good shots then ill have to stop spending money here!!!!!

• drivnchaos
    286 Posts
    Tue, Aug 11 2009 8:33 PM

The only time I couldn't reach all the fairways on Bethpage was during the Virtual US Open qualifiers from the championship tees. Playing from the master tees, I've never had a problem, even when playing with my non tour Burner driver and default ball. In fact, my longest drive was acheived with the standard ball.

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Tue, Aug 11 2009 11:13 PM

All  I have is the Tour Starter set and there isn't a fairway that I can't drive on Bethpage from the back tees. The only time I couldn't was during the virtual U.S. Open, and even then, it was manily when driving into the wind on a couple of holes.

Jeff

• RedNecksniper
    10 Posts
    Wed, Aug 12 2009 6:42 PM

Are you shooting from the master tee's?

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Aug 12 2009 10:38 PM

They are Masters, look at their Score Histories.

• kinkydevil
    33 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2009 10:35 AM

Dork is wrong, the masters tees have gone well back and now its harder. I ponied up again for the new driver as ive been 15 yards short of the par 5s and the tees have gone back and they are still unreachable, very very sneaky WTG

RSS